WVU out, Boise in for 2012 - tentative

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WVU out, Boise in for 2012 - tentative

The internets are full of this report, but here's the link from the Idaho Statesman
    UC MBA '08
    Purdue '15

Looks like we're going to see the blue turf. That will probably be a great trip if UC organizes one

Comment

The title is very misleading. BSU being in for 2012 isn't 'tentative', it is purely speculation by a sports writer. And speculation by some schlub means diddly squat to me.

Please be more considerate with your wording next time.

I do like the numbers of WVU's exit fee which seem to have foundation. So I will give you props on that.
      "Lets do 10 shots of Jose before the EKU game!!!!"

-Source Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by cafemerald View Post
        The title is very misleading. BSU being in for 2012 isn't 'tentative', it is purely speculation by a sports writer. And speculation by some schlub means diddly squat to me.

Please be more considerate with your wording next time.

I do like the numbers of WVU's exit fee which seem to have foundation. So I will give you props on that.
        A little more than speculation.

Boise has reached out and been granted permission to move all other sports to WAC. They have started the process of moving.

Big East would not have settled without a plan of who was replacing WVU. Expect Boise.

Comment

While BSU to the BE in 2012 would solve our scheduling problems, it wouldn't do much for the MWC at this late date. They'd now be thrust into the same situation we thought we'd have to endure, only worse. The scheduling deadline is well beyond normal and there aren't that many schools out West. They'd all have to try to find FCS foes from farther away.

I realize that that isn't our problem, but it's a potential sticking point, if the WMC balks. BSU didn't exactly hang around long enough in that conference to develop many friendships. They beat everyone up in football for a season, then bolt.

Comment

WVU, Big East reach conditional settlement - from the Charleston Daily Mail

"Sources told the Daily Mail Wednesday WVU was nearly finished negotiating an agreement in which the university would pay a "cash settlement" of $11 million to complete its exit from the Big East to the Big 12 Conference this year.

On Thursday, a source close to the negotiations said the additional $9 million would come in the form of contributions from other Big 12 member schools.

WVU's $11 million payment would cover three things: The Big East's $5 million exit fee, Boise State's $5 million buyout fee, and $1 million to match what each Big 12 school is paying. That would raise the total value of the settlement to $20 million. "
            UC MBA '08
            Purdue '15

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainProbasco View Post
              WVU, Big East reach conditional settlement - from the Charleston Daily Mail

"Sources told the Daily Mail Wednesday WVU was nearly finished negotiating an agreement in which the university would pay a "cash settlement" of $11 million to complete its exit from the Big East to the Big 12 Conference this year.

On Thursday, a source close to the negotiations said the additional $9 million would come in the form of contributions from other Big 12 member schools.

WVU's $11 million payment would cover three things: The Big East's $5 million exit fee, Boise State's $5 million buyout fee, and $1 million to match what each Big 12 school is paying. That would raise the total value of the settlement to $20 million. "
              Thus proving that anyone and anything can be bought.

Comment

Originally posted by Thegreatone View Post
                A little more than speculation.

Boise has reached out and been granted permission to move all other sports to WAC. They have started the process of moving.

Big East would not have settled without a plan of who was replacing WVU. Expect Boise.
                This is pretty much the definition of speculation.

Can you show me a link where any source within Boise mentioned playing football in the Big East in 2012? I can show you one that states the opposite.

Anything other than a source tied to Boise stating that the Broncos will (atleast possibly) play in the Big East in 2012 is speculation. That is what this is. Speculation.
                "Lets do 10 shots of Jose before the EKU game!!!!"

-Source Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by GoUC11 View Post
                  Looks like we're going to see the blue turf. That will probably be a great trip if UC organizes one
                  If Boise does indeed join, both Pitt and Syracuse need to get to pay for a trip to Idaho.

Comment

Originally posted by cafemerald View Post
                    This is pretty much the definition of speculation.

Can you show me a link where any source within Boise mentioned playing football in the Big East in 2012? I can show you one that states the opposite.

Anything other than a source tied to Boise stating that the Broncos will (atleast possibly) play in the Big East in 2012 is speculation. That is what this is. Speculation.
                    I think the whole story is more important and interesting that the definition of tentative or speculation.

Comment

Originally posted by 1977 BearCat View Post
                      If Boise does indeed join, both Pitt and Syracuse need to get to pay for a trip to Idaho.
                      I agree. But if Boise is just filling in for WVU, they might just get WVU's schedule. Which would mean visits from Syracuse, Rutgers, USF, and UC.

If I was in charge, I'd change the schedules to make sure that Pitt and Syracuse get 4 away games this year, including a trip to Boise.
                      UC MBA '08
                      Purdue '15

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainProbasco View Post
                        I agree. But if Boise is just filling in for WVU, they might just get WVU's schedule. Which would mean visits from Syracuse, Rutgers, USF, and UC.

If I was in charge, I'd change the schedules to make sure that Pitt and Syracuse get 4 away games this year, including a trip to Boise.
                        Especially when you consider that they both will want to leave after 2012-2013 season since the other schools are coming in using the WVU case as a precedent.
                        RIP #12 Greg Cook (1946-2012)

Red Rocker
                        CoB '90 MBA '04

Comment

Buh bye. Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya!

I will however miss all the couch burnin' talk. I guess we'll have to look to our neighbors to the south in Lexington for that kind of entertainment now.
                          RIP #12 Greg Cook (1946-2012)

Red Rocker
                          CoB '90 MBA '04

Comment

We need to get out of the big east.

Comment

Originally posted by cincycpaw View Post
                              We need to get out of the big east.
                              Unless big donor money is coming in to do that I think we are best to stay where we are. We are already near the bottom of the BEast in athletic budget, if we move to the ACC or the Big 12 we would be so far behind it wouldn't be funny.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X