No announcement yet.

Big East isn't the same

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My facts are plain and simple, unless you are UK, UNC, UCLA, or Kansas, the coach is the ENTIRE program.

Coach Cal left Memphis. What they did while he was there is irrelevant now.

Coach Calhoun left UCONN. What they do now is irrelevant compared to when he was there.

Tom Crean left Marquette.

All of those coaches left the programs in good situations, but none of the replacement coaches are as good as the ones I listed above.

The year after Micheal Jordan left the Bulls, do you think people were saying "Man the Bulls have won 6 championships in the past 8 years. They'll probably win 3 or 4 more in the next 5 years or so."
    Not to be a debbie downer, but it's not all good attention.

Who cares. It is national attention. UC's basketball program needs attention in just about any way it can get it.

Comment

Originally posted by CincyEngGrad02 View Post
      My facts are plain and simple, unless you are UK, UNC, UCLA, or Kansas, the coach is the ENTIRE program.
      UNC: Dean Smith, Bill Guthrie, Matt Doherty Roy Williams.

UK: Rick Pitino, Tubby Smith, Billy Gillispie, John Calipari

Hmm, maybe that's also true if you're one of those programs?

Originally posted by CincyEngGrad02 View Post

Tom Crean left Marquette.
      In 9 seasons at Marquette, Crean had a .664 winning percentage, 5 NCAA appearances, and 5 NCAA tournament wins.

In 4 seasons at Marquette, Williams has a .685 winning percentage, 4 NCAA tournament appearances, and 5 NCAA tournament wins, with NO D-Wade to carry the team any of those seasons.

I will leave the comparison of Pittsburgh under Howland vs. Jamie Dixon as an exercise for the reader.

Comment

Originally posted by Nerf View Post
        UNC: Dean Smith, Bill Guthrie, Matt Doherty Roy Williams.

UK: Rick Pitino, Tubby Smith, Billy Gillispie, John Calipari

Hmm, maybe that's also true if you're one of those programs?
        Very good point. I feel like any type of success at those schools during Doherty and Gillispe was in SPITE of them, not because of them.
        Not to be a debbie downer, but it's not all good attention.

Who cares. It is national attention. UC's basketball program needs attention in just about any way it can get it.

Comment

To argue anymore would be pointless as we both will just keep saying the same thing only with different sentences. We'll have to shelf this difference of opinions and see what happens over the next 3-4 years. Can we set a reminder for this thread to pop back up again in that time-frame?

Comment

Prediction: The Big East will dispand (as far as football is concerned) within 3-4 years....the state of the conference is purdy un-inspiring.
            Alabama, Cincinnati, Oklahoma, Oregon and Virginia Tech are the only schools with atleast 10 wins in 4 of the last 5 seasons.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X