Non-football schools splitting from Big East

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • bobestes
    replied
    The armageddon scenario is if the catholic schools split away, and the ACC/Big 12 don't expand, leaving us in an orphan conference. Then I think you see Tuberville bolt, and the job becomes much less attractive than it is currently.

    I know the prevailing thought is that Tommy Tuberville wouldn't come here unless he thought we were going to be joining the ACC, but I have never made that assumption.

    We're looking at probably winning our conference (whatever it is) the next two years, with a potential BCS bowl appearance. That's all he really needs to line himself up for a SEC/Big12/ACC job, regardless of whether we make the ACC or not. And I don't think his track record really suggests he'll stay at UC for the rest of his career.

    Then you have to wonder what Cronin's incentive is to stick around- it's gonna be really hard to recruit to that basketball conference.

    Scary times, indeed.

    Leave a comment:


  • Banter
    replied
    Originally posted by bearcatn8
    So this would be the league, right? Am I missing someone? I'm assuming Boise and SDSU don't stick around.

    UCONN
    Cincy
    Memphis
    Temple
    Tulane
    South Florida
    Central Florida
    SMU
    Tulane
    If that's the case they should create a super conference of Mid Majors with C-USA

    Leave a comment:


  • bearcatn8
    replied
    So this would be the league, right? Am I missing someone? I'm assuming Boise and SDSU don't stick around.

    UCONN
    Cincy
    Memphis
    Temple
    Tulane
    South Florida
    Central Florida
    SMU
    Tulane

    Leave a comment:


  • bobestes
    replied
    Not good. At all.

    Leave a comment:


  • bearcatn8
    replied
    Time to break out the conference USA decals.

    UC is right back where it started. Lovely.
    Last edited by bearcatn8; 12-13-2012, 07:19 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • GoBearcats31
    started a topic Non-football schools splitting from Big East

    Non-football schools splitting from Big East

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...