Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big East / Catholic Schools looking to split 2014

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/st...14-source-says

I also saw something this week that said ND plans on staying with the 7 catholic schools next year and then heading to the ACC in 2015.
    Not to be a debbie downer, but it's not all good attention.

Who cares. It is national attention. UC's basketball program needs attention in just about any way it can get it.

Originally posted by CincyEngGrad02 View Post
    http://espn.go.com/college-sports/st...14-source-says

I also saw something this week that said ND plans on staying with the 7 catholic schools next year and then heading to the ACC in 2015.
    Well, at least we have a conference (eyes rolling)

Sometimes you wonder if we'd be better as an independent until we get a suitable conference invite. With a strong non-conf schedule, id love to see the financials. I just wonder how many teams would schedule a team that doesn't sell out consistently even when their F&B teams are top 25...
    Last edited by Pruke; 02-10-2013, 11:41 AM.

Comment

A shame we're not going to be able to see more Louisville / ND games!!
      Not to be a debbie downer, but it's not all good attention.

Who cares. It is national attention. UC's basketball program needs attention in just about any way it can get it.

Comment

They'll both be in the ACC in 2015.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I honestly don't believe UC will make it into the ACC... I think what's going to happen if anything is you'll see a FSU or Texas, Oklahoma make a move, but UC will not fill the void of any major program. The problem is we're stuck in the middle, we're not mid major, we're not a major prgram. Our fan support is averag at best... It's just going to be hard to convince anyone to take UC anytime soon. I really do hope I am wrong, but I just don't see UC getting any invite any time soon.

Comment

OMG...UC no longer in the Big East and Xavier in the Big East

speechless...

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...ording-sources

Comment

So apparently there is BEast meeting in Atlanta tomorrow without the Catholic 7 where they are discussing letting them take the name in exchange for basically giving up most their share of exit fees/NCAA money. I say good. Take the money, the name isn't worth anything at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian H. View Post
                So apparently there is BEast meeting in Atlanta tomorrow without the Catholic 7 where they are discussing letting them take the name in exchange for basically giving up most their share of exit fees/NCAA money. I say good. Take the money, the name isn't worth anything at this point.
                I suppose the remaining schools including UC are gonna need the $ given the TV contract losses.

Comment

Well, the whole thing stinks right now, but ideally our future entails something greater than all of this.

Comment

Originally posted by bobestes View Post
                    Well, the whole thing stinks right now, but ideally our future entails something greater than all of this.
                    Hope you are right. It really sucks that the cassock crowd keeps the name. Check the link below, they are now supposed to be the Big East, and we are now the "leftovers." Wonderful.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-bas...notre-dame-acc

Comment

It is going to be weird to see BIG EAST scrawled across Xavier's gym.

Comment

One of the frustrating things about this whole mess is that I feel like our school has essentially done everything right over the past however many years. We are graduating our athletes at a high rate, we haven't had the NCAA sniffing around in years, we have upgraded our facilities, we have hired good coaches then hired good coaches to replace the good coaches, and we win at high rates in the two major sports. And yet, nobody seems to care. Conference after conference looks right past us and we keep getting relegated further and further to the Belly Button League. It makes no sense to me whatsoever. I have heard all the money/fans in the seats arguments. I don't care. We consistently get more out of our teams than anyone on the national scene ever expects and we get nothing for it. I know there are bigger things in the world to worry about, but it still stinks.

Comment

Originally posted by UC4me View Post
                          One of the frustrating things about this whole mess is that I feel like our school has essentially done everything right over the past however many years. We are graduating our athletes at a high rate, we haven't had the NCAA sniffing around in years, we have upgraded our facilities, we have hired good coaches then hired good coaches to replace the good coaches, and we win at high rates in the two major sports. And yet, nobody seems to care. Conference after conference looks right past us and we keep getting relegated further and further to the Belly Button League. It makes no sense to me whatsoever. I have heard all the money/fans in the seats arguments. I don't care. We consistently get more out of our teams than anyone on the national scene ever expects and we get nothing for it. I know there are bigger things in the world to worry about, but it still stinks.
                          Agreed. And that's very frustrating, to the point where college athletics is pretty much not interesting to me any more. I used to believe that college athletics were the more pure form of the NBA and NFL and that's why I watched. No longer. Even in the NCAA, doing things the right way just gets you kicked to the curb.
                          Sad times for UC right now.

Comment

Well said.
                            RIP #12 Greg Cook (1946-2012)

Red Rocker
                            CoB '90 MBA '04

Comment

Spot on. Well said . . .

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X