DVD to ACC presidents?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Binturong05 View Post
    And why is Ohio's governor not getting behind UC's attempts at a better future? Seems Connecticut's governor understands how important that university is to his state.

http://today.uconn.edu/blog/2013/01/...ut-initiative/
    Because he's got our conservative region sewn up regardless of what he says or does.

Comment

Originally posted by bobestes View Post
      Because he's got our conservative region sewn up regardless of what he says or does.
      Well, as an aside, I'd argue first that this region is not nearly as conservative as it used to be.

And secondly, more importantly, it's his job to help to strengthen and advocate for Ohio's resources, one of which is UC. An ACC membership makes this institution MUCH stronger and higher profile than if it remains stuck in whatever this godforsaken conference will be called.

UC employs a LOT of people here in town. What is good for UC is also good for the state of Ohio.

Comment

Originally posted by Rational Cat View Post
        Well, as an aside, I'd argue first that this region is not nearly as conservative as it used to be.

And secondly, more importantly, it's his job to help to strengthen and advocate for Ohio's resources, one of which is UC. An ACC membership makes this institution MUCH stronger and higher profile than if it remains stuck in whatever this godforsaken conference will be called.

UC employs a LOT of people here in town. What is good for UC is also good for the state of Ohio.
        Perhaps a few phone calls from constituents (e.g. voters) are in order to remind Johnny boy of UC's importance.
        "In the morning he would read the Bible with another coach. Then, in the afternoon, he would go out and cheat kids who had probably saved up money from mowing lawns to buy those raffle tickets. That's Jim Tressel." - former colleague to Jim Tressel as quoted in Sports Illustrated.

Comment

Politics need to stay out of sports, period. They've screwed this country up enough as it is.

For the record, I voted for him. I'm a former uc employee... I saw first hand why we need to kick unions to the curb.

Comment

Politics need to stay out of forums as well. I know we were discussing sports first but this thread is headed in the wrong direction now.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
              Politics need to stay out of forums as well. I know we were discussing sports first but this thread is headed in the wrong direction now.
              I think most of us can handle discussing the merits of whether the governor, the chief executive of the state, should employ resources to aid UC in getting a bid to a better conference without making a statement regarding political viewpoints.

I don't know that dialog need be stifled but certainly some posts that are clearly political jabs would face no protest if they were deleted.
              "In the morning he would read the Bible with another coach. Then, in the afternoon, he would go out and cheat kids who had probably saved up money from mowing lawns to buy those raffle tickets. That's Jim Tressel." - former colleague to Jim Tressel as quoted in Sports Illustrated.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X