Exit fees may be the surprise we need

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exit fees may be the surprise we need

While I sure that all the legal wrangling will tie this money up for a while, there are now only 3 schools eligible to collect the BE exit fees. UC, UConn and USF.

Based on this it's about $125M per school.

http://ajerseyguy.com/?p=5423
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
    While I sure that all the legal wrangling will tie this money up for a while, there are now only 3 schools eligible to collect the BE exit fees. UC, UConn and USF.

Based on this it's about $125M per school.

http://ajerseyguy.com/?p=5423
    Did you mean $25M per school? I read it that the three schools would evenly split approximately $72M.

Comment

Originally posted by London 'Cat View Post
      Did you mean $25M per school? I read it that the three schools would evenly split approximately $72M.
      Yes I did. Sorry. But in rereading the article myself it looks like the pool will be $85M not $72M. Anyway you cut it's more than our slice of the pie for the TV contract for the first year.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Yes I did. Sorry. But in rereading the article myself it looks like the pool will be $85M not $72M. Anyway you cut it's more than our slice of the pie for the TV contract for the first year.
        $85M is cited as before BEast administrative fees ($5M) and incoming schools' shares ($1M each). Later in the article it says that UC, UConn and USF will split an estimated $72M. Nevertheless, you are correct that it is a significantly larger sum than UC would get if not for the dissolution of the BEast as we know it.

Comment

This poses an interesting timing issue. We all want President Ono and Whit Babcock to get us the heck out of the rump Big East. With this kind of cash available, we should hope UC can cash the check before departing. $24M would represent perhaps the largest benefaction in UC athletics history, coming at a time when facilities upgrades are planned.

Comment

Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post
            This poses an interesting timing issue. We all want President Ono and Whit Babcock to get us the heck out of the rump Big East. With this kind of cash available, we should hope UC can cash the check before departing. $24M would represent perhaps the largest benefaction in UC athletics history, coming at a time when facilities upgrades are planned.
            This is exactly where I was headed with the whole discussion although I don't think that was clear. Windfall facilities money.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

This is exactly where I was headed with the whole discussion although I don't think that was clear. Windfall facilities money.
              Yup. Approximately 1/3 of the estimated cost of the Nippert upgrade. An excellent beginning to that campaign.

Comment

Just now

mark blaudschun ‏@blauds

Catholic 7 reportedly want 35 of 100 million Big East cash fund http://ajerseyguy.com
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Just now

mark blaudschun ‏@blauds

Catholic 7 reportedly want 35 of 100 million Big East cash fund http://ajerseyguy.com
                  They can go f@#& themselves.
                  RIP #12 Greg Cook (1946-2012)

Red Rocker
                  CoB '90 MBA '04

Comment

My guess is none of that money goes to the athletic department.
                    JDBearcat
                    RIP Pat Cummings

Comment

Just now

mark blaudschun ‏@blauds

why in the world would they think they have any claim to that $$$??

"Hi, we are leaving the conference too, taking the conference name, and the location for the conference championship but we want the $$$ from the other schools that have left."
                      Signed,
                      Idiots who will probably still get paid

Comment

I feel like we're at probate court...

Comment

Originally posted by mosucrc View Post
                          I feel like we're at probate court...
                          I was thinking a proctology exam, but really the same thing if you're a guy.

Red Rocker
                          CoB '90 MBA '04

Comment

They have a claim to the money because they were still in the league when WVU and TCU departed.

By the way the last time I heard NONE of the exit fees had been collected.
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

They have a claim to the money because they were still in the league when WVU and TCU departed.

By the way the last time I heard NONE of the exit fees had been collected.
                              Yeah, it's a little hard to disburse something you don't have.

Red Rocker
                              CoB '90 MBA '04

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X