Comment

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ap-sour...50--ncaaf.html
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2...d-UC-big-bucks

Comment

Looks like 100 of 110 mil goes to the football schools as per ESPN. That has to breakdown to more than 10-15 per school. They do say the new football members get some of the money but not how much. Lets collect the check and head to the ACC!

Comment

The whole story just makes me sad. UC has been instantly downgraded again, with a huge hit to the perception of the school...
            Do you guys read the comments on stories regarding the breakup of the Big East? For every "feel sorry for Cincy and Uconn" there's a handful of "they stunk anyway and are now getting what they deserved".
            I can't understand (well I can, but still...) how short people's memories are - UC has been the football champions (outright or shared), what 3 out of the last 4 years? Despite what happened to the basketball team, they've climbed back to respectability (regardless of the current slump). How does anyone with a rational thought in their head all of a sudden feel that Cincinnati is not as good as a middle of the pack Mountain West team (an actual comment I read)???
            I'm dumbfounded by all of this.

Comment

Its good to see that UC is being responsible and planning for the future. The $10-15 mil will be used for the gap in the tv revenue loss for the next few years. In that time UC will be able to re-adjust their budget and put it more in line with what the tv revenue will actually bring it.

Thank god they aren't like city council. Those guys would be like "oh wow, $10mil. Let's built a merry go round on fountain square!"
              Not to be a debbie downer, but it's not all good attention.

Who cares. It is national attention. UC's basketball program needs attention in just about any way it can get it.

Comment

Originally posted by dbernie41 View Post
                Looks like 100 of 110 mil goes to the football schools as per ESPN. That has to breakdown to more than 10-15 per school. They do say the new football members get some of the money but not how much. Lets collect the check and head to the ACC!
                The new schools will only share a pool of about $10M per several reports. UC, UConn and USF will reportedly split up about $80-85M, nearly $30M per school.
                RIP #12 Greg Cook (1946-2012)

Red Rocker
                CoB '90 MBA '04

Comment

Blaudschun:

http://ajerseyguy.com/
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by mjv780 View Post
                    The whole story just makes me sad. UC has been instantly downgraded again, with a huge hit to the perception of the school...
                    Do you guys read the comments on stories regarding the breakup of the Big East? For every "feel sorry for Cincy and Uconn" there's a handful of "they stunk anyway and are now getting what they deserved".
                    I can't understand (well I can, but still...) how short people's memories are - UC has been the football champions (outright or shared), what 3 out of the last 4 years? Despite what happened to the basketball team, they've climbed back to respectability (regardless of the current slump). How does anyone with a rational thought in their head all of a sudden feel that Cincinnati is not as good as a middle of the pack Mountain West team (an actual comment I read)???
                    I'm dumbfounded by all of this.
                    I refuse to pay attention to the ramblings of people from the outside who comment on matters pertaining to the inside. Usually, they're just exercising their right to express uninformed stupidity.
                    Last edited by swilsonsp4; 03-06-2013, 12:16 AM.

Comment

I hope it helps kickstart a Shoemaker project instead of being used for Nippert (assuming they go about funding the Nippert upgrades as they had planned before this).

Comment

Reading between the lines, if UC gets $25 - $30M, $15M will be used to supplement the athletic department budget over an extended period of time per reports. Another $10M will be held in reserve for a possible exit fee if the ACC comes calling. Any remaining monies will likely go to reducing debt on previous athletic facility improvements (Lindner, Sheakley).

I really doubt any of this money is used for Nippert or The Shoe while there is still outstanding debt on other improvements. If the ACC comes calling sooner rather than later and athletic department revenues improve, they will likely further pay down the debt first with this windfall.

Red Rocker
                        CoB '90 MBA '04

Comment

Blaudschun

http://ajerseyguy.com/?p=5580
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                            WLBs as DatDudeBP would say.

Red Rocker
                            CoB '90 MBA '04

Comment

Add an extra 2.5M from ND. They are leaving early and have already reached an agreement with BE office.
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

But they don't have to pay it.

They are not taking their NCAA points money. I would assume this number might be bigger than the 2.5 million but it paid over 6 years. Money in pocket now must be more important to them.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X