ACC might be signing GOR

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bearcat_DF View Post
    It may be good news for us. It makes us an easier program to poach than the ACC teams. ACC may want to add us for the 16th team. Big 12 might come calling. If the SEC was smart, they would want a team in Ohio. Not sure we want to take the drubbings the first few years on the FB side; but we would rise.

I'm sure you are asking - why would the SEC want us? We would open up a new TV market, it would put a top tier program in the same state with OSU which could slow them down a bit; we enhance their basketball; we'll be cheaper than an ACC team. Big10 could still poach an SEC team and they would need to go somewhere.
    Yea, but do we want to be academically associated with the Special Ed Conference?
    "In the morning he would read the Bible with another coach. Then, in the afternoon, he would go out and cheat kids who had probably saved up money from mowing lawns to buy those raffle tickets. That's Jim Tressel." - former colleague to Jim Tressel as quoted in Sports Illustrated.

Comment

Originally posted by Binturong05 View Post
      Yea, but do we want to be academically associated with the Special Ed Conference?
      Gladly considering the money involved.
      RIP #12 Greg Cook (1946-2012)

Red Rocker
      CoB '90 MBA '04

Comment

Originally posted by bearcat25 View Post
        And this is what you want????? I was hoping for a few more moves then a hault.
        Yeah, at first some of the moves were exciting, but I've grown tired of it. I'd like to see some stability for the next 10 - 15 years.
        Not to be a debbie downer, but it's not all good attention.

Who cares. It is national attention. UC's basketball program needs attention in just about any way it can get it.

Comment

Originally posted by CincyEngGrad02 View Post
          Yeah, at first some of the moves were exciting, but I've grown tired of it. I'd like to see some stability for the next 10 - 15 years.
          10-15 years in UC's current conference will relegate it to MAC level, in terms of recruiting, financial resources and fan interest.

You can give it a patriotic name, but it still sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Binturong05 View Post
            If Mizzou and Vanderbilt can stomach it; I'm sure we can find a way. Think we would have any problem filling up PBS with Bama, Florida, and LSU coming to town?

We would definitely be at the big boys table! It would be interesting how it would impact our recruiting, especially our ability to go toe to toe with OSU.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat_DF View Post
              If Mizzou and Vanderbilt can stomach it; I'm sure we can find a way. Think we would have any problem filling up PBS with Bama, Florida, and LSU coming to town?

We would definitely be at the big boys table! It would be interesting how it would impact our recruiting, especially our ability to go toe to toe with OSU.
              Exactly. We'd be competitive in BB. SEC BB with the exception of UK & UF is not that strong.

It would be interesting to see how we'd fare in FB. There would be a big bump in recruiting. And we'd be selling out PBS with a lot of those schools coming in as suggested.

Red Rocker
              CoB '90 MBA '04

Comment

Anyone else read the lead article in the USA Today Sports section yesterday entitled "Will Football and NCAA Split? The big boy football schools first approached NCAA President Mark Emmert about the real possibility that the football schools could eventually split back in 2011. Its coming. And its very doubtful that the ACC or the Big 12 remain in their current state.

Comment

Originally posted by blackattack View Post
                  Anyone else read the lead article in the USA Today Sports section yesterday entitled "Will Football and NCAA Split? The big boy football schools first approached NCAA President Mark Emmert about the real possibility that the football schools could eventually split back in 2011. Its coming. And its very doubtful that the ACC or the Big 12 remain in their current state.
                  I haven't read it, but heard rumblings to that end yesterday. I do think this is a powerplay by the ACC to one up the B12. I still think the ACC may be in play for us. If they grabbed UC and UConn, the pickings for the B12 are SMU, Houston, Memphis, USF and UCF amongst others.

I could see the PAC-12 going after UT, TT, OU and OSU leaving Kansas, KSU, ISU, Baylor, TCU and WVU holding the bag. Kansas probably would be swallowed up by the B1G. I could see UConn reneging on an ACC invite and going to the B1G and WVU going to the ACC (while the ACC snobs hold their noses).

Here's the link to the USA Today story: http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...split/2097115/

Red Rocker
                  CoB '90 MBA '04

Comment

If we think things are bad now, imagine if the ACC decides to go to 16 teams and UConn is added instead of UC.

Then, we'd be stuck in the AAC without UConn. Yuck.

Comment

I know that I will get jumped on for this but I think that Memphis moving forward is as good or better than UConn in both football and bball. Not saying that UConn would be missed because they are the anchor in the NE and a name within the American. Also, I remember people on these boards arguing that USF and Central Florida should both be added to the Big East because they are the new powers to be. I have heard alumni from both schools saying they are the teams of the future. So, maybe USF and UCF are the new wave of power houses. Houston has more championship games to their record than most schools. Before we get down on UC, let's look at the bright spots. We can all be miserable and feeling left out if we let it bother us. I personally believe that we will endure what is in front of us and that we will be invited to eat at the big boy table soon. In the meantime, let's just enjoy the ride. We have some good ooc teams on the future schedule so we have some things to look forward to. Optimism my friends.

Comment

Due to lack of investment, we are seen as no better than the other slim pickin's of SMU, Houston, USF and UCF.

Originally posted by RedRocker View Post
                        I haven't read it, but heard rumblings to that end yesterday. I do think this is a powerplay by the ACC to one up the B12. I still think the ACC may be in play for us. If they grabbed UC and UConn, the pickings for the B12 are SMU, Houston, Memphis, USF and UCF amongst others.

I could see the PAC-12 going after UT, TT, OU and OSU leaving Kansas, KSU, ISU, Baylor, TCU and WVU holding the bag. Kansas probably would be swallowed up by the B1G. I could see UConn reneging on an ACC invite and going to the B1G and WVU going to the ACC (while the ACC snobs hold their noses).

Here's the link to the USA Today story: http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...split/2097115/

Comment

http://newsok.com/goodbye-florida-st...rticle/3796225

Comment

I have to hold my nose at this one.....
                            "Winner: American Athletic Conference. The new league made of Big East and Conference USA refugees — Tulsa, UConn, Cincinnati, South Florida, Central Florida, Houston, SMU, etc. — could have some years of stability, with the potential to grow into a solid conference. We’ll see."

Comment

There's ZERO growth potential for any conference with a media rights deal so far below the Power 5.

It's like saying the MAC could develop into something -- none of the schools make enough money to grow their program, and the TV deals they're forced to sign feature tons of midweek games (making it tough to bring alums back to campus and grow the fanbase), and lots of games that go straight to the internet. Tough to grow when no one sees you play and you aren't making any cash.

You can give it a patriotic name, but it still sucks.

Comment

This ACC GOR is a blessing in disguise. If any conference outside of the PAC12 wants to expand, UC will be the first and best option.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X