No announcement yet.

Let's Talk Big 12

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, UK already has a fan base in the greater Cincinnati market. However, I do not see the SEC inviting UC. Could you imagine Nippert hosting games. Oh, that is right, PBS is just down the road. Uhg. I still think that the Big12 will have to add teams in order to have a conference championship game and be eligible for the national championship.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
      ... I still think that the Big12 will have to add teams in order to have a conference championship game and be eligible for the national championship.
      I very much agree with you on the Big12 needing additional teams, and it is not worse travel than the AAC or ACC for that matter.

There is an outside chance (rather slim) that the Ten or Eleven or whatever schools make up the BIG, will try to secure a southern presence. I think it is slim, but the only way that UC gets a sniff at SEC is if the stars line up and the all of these things happen:

1. BIG adds an SEC school,
      2. UC wins National Championship for 13/14
      3. UC wins National Championship for 14/15 - we gotta prove it wasn't a fluke
      4. Kentucky doesn't veto

The Big 12 makes much more sense to both us and the other Big 12 schools.
      Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

I would have to think **** would need to freeze over for us to be seriously considered by the SEC.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

The arrogance from being in a power five conference will get worse if any of the proposals the Big 12 gave to Emmert come true. There are people in power (not just fans) talking openly about spilt from NCAA or a new division within the NCAA.

I lost track at 119 Div 1 football teams or Bowl Champion Series level. Now the Power Five talk of a new division that will allow paid stipends, because you "cannot treat football like lacrosse". The elite haves are seeking even more disparity between them and the have-nots.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...to-mark-emmert
          Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post
            The arrogance from being in a power five conference will get worse if any of the proposals the Big 12 gave to Emmert come true. There are people in power (not just fans) talking openly about spilt from NCAA or a new division within the NCAA.

I lost track at 119 Div 1 football teams or Bowl Champion Series level. Now the Power Five talk of a new division that will allow paid stipends, because you "cannot treat football like lacrosse". The elite haves are seeking even more disparity between them and the have-nots.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...to-mark-emmert
            And you might as well call this a minor league to the NFL. If this happens I don't every want to hear anyone talk about this being about higher education.

Comment

**** will hit the fans if this happens.. Lawyers will get rich with all the lawsuits that will start flying everywhere.

Comment

Conference Realignment Day: Are we done yet?

Michael Eldridge, saturdayblitz:
                http://saturdayblitz.com/2013/07/01/...e-we-done-yet/

Comment

The realignment saga is never finished being told, although there are certainly chapters that have more schools moving than others.

If UC fans have aspirations of being in a different conference (2 years from now? 5 years from now? 10 years from now?), there has to be a realization that we have a part to play. Fan support is absolutely a factor. This includes everything from TV ratings to ticket sales to donations to merchandise sales.

The University's role is to build the program and the reputation of the school. The fan's role is to show that we care about the team(s).

Comment

Meanwhile we're now paying double what we did for Conference USA games to watch....Conference USA games.

Look, I get it all, I'm a supporter of the program, tier 1 level, but right now I'm getting to watch an inferior product (AAC games) for Big East money. My ticket cost did not go down when the competition level decreased. I realize no one is to blame for this, except for the fans who do not go to games. And now me and others are being told we need to pony up more to get into a good conference in 10-15 years. I was perfectly happy with being where we were in the Big East.

It's hard for me to work up much enthusiasm for this, to be honest. If this makes me a bad fan, then so be it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rational Cat View Post
                      Meanwhile we're now paying double what we did for Conference USA games to watch....Conference USA games.

Look, I get it all, I'm a supporter of the program, tier 1 level, but right now I'm getting to watch an inferior product (AAC games) for Big East money. My ticket cost did not go down when the competition level decreased. I realize no one is to blame for this, except for the fans who do not go to games. And now me and others are being told we need to pony up more to get into a good conference in 10-15 years. I was perfectly happy with being where we were in the Big East.

It's hard for me to work up much enthusiasm for this, to be honest. If this makes me a bad fan, then so be it.
                      Please, Don't... and I mean don't use the price of UC tickets as an excuse to go to the games... if you don't want to watch who their playing, fine, I guess, I mean your there to watch the team your a fan off.. not the team their playing. Back to the price thing, the prices are still one of the cheapest tickets in town compared to any other D1 football school in the country so they can't make them any cheaper and they shouldn't... and don't go comparing to what you used to pay when they were in conference USA which was what??.. 8+years ago. Everything is more expensive now, kinda how life works. To be honest, compared to how everything else in life has inflated, price wise, the football tickets are behind the rate of inflation..

In summary you should be thankful for how inexpensive the football tickets are right now.. there isn't even a logical argument against this fact.
                      Last edited by 98bearcat; 07-03-2013, 09:06 AM.

Comment

I disagree

Rational Cat... I'll just say "Thank You" for supporting this program. We need more (tier 1) supporters like you.

Fair point on the price vs quality of opponent. It's a delicate balance the univeristy has to strike between meeting long-term and short-term financial/revenue goals.

My hope is that UC can find the right price point that will draw the most fans possible. Getting butts in seats has to be a priority if the school has any aspirations of being sought after by another conference.

Comment

You can only play teams that will travel to your venue. We've had to have some inferior games the past several years due to cancellations that were totally out of our control, ie league defections, buy outs etc. This is a very reasonable ticket by ncaa fball terms, and unfortunately the supporters of the program do not have a lot of leverage in terms of being able to influence anyone by not showing up. First and foremost, you have to have support to get noticed, see louisville. It's everyone's right to complain about $'s etc but at the end of the day it's part contribution, part value. If you do not view it in that regard, then it's a pointless argument.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X