X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aresco: American 'could be above the line' in Division 4

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...-in-division-4

Comment

when you have to differentiate between athletics, academics, etc.(not going to support the biology lab) you are really misrepresenting that you "give" at all. you are a buyer of things, not a donor. luckily, there are a great deal of folks in this community and around the country who support the university as a whole and see the big contribution it makes to this region. maybe the money you do not "give" because of uc's conference affiliation you can use for xavier basketball tickets.

Comment

Oh, Really?

I travel 100 miles to each and every game. I feel like I support the basketball, football, athletics in general, and the university. I don't just walk out my back door and go to the game, like you. It takes a commitment on my part. Don't tell me how great the surrounding area and/or alumni supports UC--I think in financial contributions UC alumni finished last in the conference. UC needs every bit of what I give--don't tell me to go Xavier!!

Comment

You completely miss the point, and for what is worth i come much farther than 100 miles to attend games. They have spent money and they have been relevant, however the alumni and fan base have not showered overwhelming attendance or donations on their doorstep. Ul did not build the yum center, the city of louisville did. We are welcome to rent the bengals stadium which is as good or better than papa john stadium, but you have to fill it. The issue is not spending money, it's alumni and the city supporting them. This fan base is dilusional that all of these big competing universities in big ten or sec country, et. al have some great facility that showers comfort and benefits on their fan bases which double or triple ours. That's not the case. Most are cramped basic facilities, often not in great areas logistically or neigborhood wise. However, they show up. Other schools and the media in general take notice of this. For the love of God, we are still struggling to fill nippert. This fan base has to quit worrying about what's in it for them, or we will never get there. Adapt, and quit complaining and always expecting to be spoiled. Show up early, and enjoy the game for what it is.

Comment

^ good post, coach.

Everyone here on this site goes to the games, donates, supports. We all all rabid fans here.

Most here in town do not support the Cats, and it always puzzles me as to why. Nippert is easy to get to, the parking is simple, and frankly, the games do not take all of your day and night to attend (unless you choose to, of course). That would seem to make it more attractive to the more casual fan.

Going to a game at OSU or ND, on the other hand, is an all day and night long commitment. Heck, ND games take all weekend practically.

Many that I have talked to mention the constant coaching carousel as one reason, and especially this year, it has been the demise of the Big East.

It seems to me that UC has recognized that they are not getting support from the masses, and so have turned their attention to getting more from those whom already give. I can't blame them, as there is no where else to turn.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X