Be careful What You Wish For

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ACC or Big 12 ??

Should we be careful what we wish for? I will be the first to tell you, I beg for a chance to be part of one of those two conferences. But in reality, can we compete? Knowing UC fans, will they support a 4-6 or 6-4 ball club? You tell me. Let's take a look at Pitt, Syracuse, or WV--they have pretty good teams hovering around the .500 mark. I definitely would take my chances, but I think it is wishful thinking to picture UC playing to a sold out Nippert if they are hurting for victories.

Comment

I agree that there is some concern about whether there will be support. However, I think it would be much easier to support a team that consistently goes up against large, named top 15 programs. I would pay to see a 3 win team play against the likes of Oklahoma, FSU, Miami (FL), etc. And I like to think that I am not alone. It's much easier to get support of a .500 team when the competition is there than it is when we play teams like SMU, Memphis, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Rock View Post
        Should we be careful what we wish for? I will be the first to tell you, I beg for a chance to be part of one of those two conferences. But in reality, can we compete? Knowing UC fans, will they support a 4-6 or 6-4 ball club? You tell me. Let's take a look at Pitt, Syracuse, or WV--they have pretty good teams hovering around the .500 mark. I definitely would take my chances, but I think it is wishful thinking to picture UC playing to a sold out Nippert if they are hurting for victories.
        Those sound like similar concerns about UC before making the jump to the Big East.
        In loving memory, I will be a fan for both of us.
        Cody- Oct 25th 1987 to Jan 1st 2011.

Comment

Agreeing with others... bigger competition would keep the stadium full. We had I believe a 4-6 season in Butch's first year and we still had the fans.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X