https://www.dallasnews.com/news/poli...l-big-12-exit/
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
      Here's comes Texas Politics y'all. (~$)

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/poli...l-big-12-exit/
      So, if Texas announces the move before the Democrats return to Texas, will it be a done deal and the pols can do nothing about it?

Comment

Here's Pat Forde's take on the future of the B12, if and when OK & TX depart:

https://www.si.com/college/2021/07/2...-conference-go

Comment

Then West Virginia and Iowa State are prime for AAC football. Bring in Kansas for bball.

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post

So, if Texas announces the move before the Democrats return to Texas, will it be a done deal and the pols can do nothing about it?
            Good question. I don't think this is the case because the legislature is in special session with a set agenda right now. Normally they don't meet this time of year.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

https://twitter.com/kbohls
              - Prominent Big 12 source tells the American-Statesman the Texas-OU move to the SEC is almost done. "They've been working on this for a minimum of 6 months, and the A&M leadership was left out of discussions and wasn't told about it." Move could become official in a week.
              - Asked about A&M being kept in the dark during secret negotiations between Texas-OU and SEC, one connected SEC source tells me, "I wouldn't dispute that."
              - I'm told probably only Texas Gov. Greg Abbott could stop this move to the SEC from happening, and logical minds would think he had to have known about this for a while.

Comment

Greg Abbott is a Texas grad. So is Dade Phelan, who is speaker of the Texas House.

Also I was wrong about the legislature. Even if this comes up in the special session they can’t pass any bills on it because there’s no quorum right now since the Dems left the state.
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Looks like from reports that Kansas has a call set up with the B1G
                  Last edited by Lobot; 07-23-2021, 01:15 PM.
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                    Looks lke from reports that Kansas has a call set up with the B1G
                    Does the B1G want that football team after they already added Maryland and Rutgers? Nobody in Kansas cares about football, it seems like this would add more bottom to an already very top heavy league. Essentially Kansas wants to find another P?? league to be the bottom of.

Comment

I wouldn’t want the football team but the University as a whole would fit the B1G profile. At one point when we did this last time, the move was supposedly going to be OU and Kansas to the Big 10 because of the AAU college designation. I’m pretty sure they don’t want to end up with the basketball program in limbo or in the AAC
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

CBS reporting Texas, OU expected to declare intentions of leaving the Big 12 in the next 24-48 hours
                        https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...-landing-spot/

Comment

So where does this end up leaving the AAC, and specifically us? The ESPN article mentions that the ACC was planning on going after OU TX in a couple years and were blindsided by this... hopefully they move down the list to us and WVU?

Comment

Unofficial report that they notified the Big 12 this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Chewbacca2099 View Post
                              So where does this end up leaving the AAC, and specifically us? The ESPN article mentions that the ACC was planning on going after OU TX in a couple years and were blindsided by this... hopefully they move down the list to us and WVU?
                              I think we're in the Big 12 if they decide to add teams and survive. I personally think the remaining Big 12 members will try to get in other conferences and what is left over will probably be with us.

Comment

Chip Brown of Horns247 is reporting that Texas and OU are leaving and it's a done deal.
                                Brent Wyrick
                                92 Final Four Front Row
                                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X