No announcement yet.

Texas, Oklahoma reach out to SEC about joining conference

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heeerrree we gooooo. PAC 12 to announce expansion decision by the end of this week.

Pac-12 will announce plans on expansion by end of week: Sources
    https://theathletic.com/news/pac-12-...s/QRbsYi0ljqA1
    Last edited by longtimefan; 08-24-2021, 05:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chewbacca2099 View Post

I want to know why ESPN hates us so much. It seems like they are always trying to keep us down and/or like having us on their books for mich cheaper than we should actually be worth
      It’s the second thing. They love a Friday night UC/UCF game, two good teams that get Baltic Ave. money.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chewbacca2099 View Post

I want to know why ESPN hates us so much. It seems like they are always trying to keep us down and/or like having us on their books for mich cheaper than we should actually be worth

I think its O$U that is the prime hater here and they and ESPN are so married to one another that they collaborate to keep us the step child of Ohio college athletics. That way it makes for less competition in recruiting. I actually root for all O$U teams to lose without actually investing any of my time to watch any contest.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rufus View Post

I think its O$U that is the prime hater here and they and ESPN are so married to one another that they collaborate to keep us the step child of Ohio college athletics. That way it makes for less competition in recruiting. I actually root for all O$U teams to lose without actually investing any of my time to watch any contest.
          We are rarely competition to them for a recruit. It happens once in a while and the dislike between fanbases is a little less since Luke arrived and has had tremendous success.
          Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• https://www.espn.com/college-footbal.../_/id/32074525

I don't have ESPN+ but Heather Dinich wrote an article about the future for the Big 12 schools left behind. Feel free to share any tidbits related to UC/AAC...

Comment

• Originally posted by Rufus View Post

tO$U will go to any lengths to preserve its status as the only elite program in the State of Ohio. You will never convince me otherwise. I will say that since tO$U’s recruiting has transitioned to a more national recruiting that has allowed UC to left its own recruiting. So there is a small silver lining to that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearcats1232002 View Post
                I was listening to the Dan Patrick show and he was saying what some "inside sources" have been telling him. The alliance in the short run will stop the playoff expansion because it gives ESPN and the SEC too much power. This screws us because we have a historically good team with a chance at the playoffs. If it stays at 4 this year then we will have little chance.
                I want to correct the error in my previous post. I said that if the playoffs don't expand then it would screw us this year but that is not true because the expansion, if it would happen as previously planned, wouldn't take place until 2023 at the earliest.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearcats1232002 View Post

I want to correct the error in my previous post. I said that if the playoffs don't expand then it would screw us this year but that is not true because the expansion, if it would happen as previously planned, wouldn't take place until 2023 at the earliest.
                  I am hoping/praying that we go undefeated, and both Bama/tO$U have 1 loss and all other P5 schools have at least two losses. That is what it will take to get us into the Playoff as a 3 or 4 seed, but I am hoping it happens this year just so SEC only gets one team in the CFP.
                  Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• Undefeated and we are in this year I think. We are already #8 and we will have to beat highly ranked Indiana & Notre Dame teams. Plus several teams ahead of us HAVE to play each other (Georgia & Clemson play 1st game). I think we will hop up past the likes of Iowa State & maybe A&M if we go 4-0 to start. This might be our last year to have a team this excellent because we surely can't hold onto Luke much longer without a P5 invite... so enjoy the ride and hope for the best!

Comment

• I am hoping that CLF stays in Cincinnati until he can get the tosu job. His roots are in Ohio and his family is rooted in the Catholic Church which Cincinnati has a strong Catholic population. So again, I hope that he stays until tosu opens up. He may be a man driven by success at one school.

Comment

• Originally posted by London 'Cat View Post

tO$U will go to any lengths to preserve its status as the only elite program in the State of Ohio. You will never convince me otherwise. I will say that since tO$U’s recruiting has transitioned to a more national recruiting that has allowed UC to left its own recruiting. So there is a small silver lining to that.
                        Yes and that entails only the blue chip and 4- 5 star recruits that they pursue leaving the remainder to UC and Miami to fight over. Ohio is so rich in High school football tradition that O$U will not allow a 5 star recruit go anywhere else if it can helped. London ' Cat is spot on in that they will do anything to keep their elite status. Within the academia of O$U there are still some very bitter feelings. However if CLF can keep the UC program going as it has been we will be too much to be ignored. They just need to win the bowl games they do get invited to.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                          https://www.espn.com/college-footbal.../_/id/32074525

I don't have ESPN+ but Heather Dinich wrote an article about the future for the Big 12 schools left behind. Feel free to share any tidbits related to UC/AAC...
                          The gist of the article was that the B12 are on their own to figure it out. Dinich questioned why the Alliance excluded the B12, but all she got from Alliance participants were platitudes about the B12 being valuable to FBS.

She included a quote from Mike Aresco to the effect that he has not contacted any B12 ADs.

Comment

• Value of Each Team: This is a couple of weeks old and I am not sure it is totally accurate such as the category of home attendance because UC has a smaller stadium than most but it is usually near sold out every game. Also it looks at revenue and if it includes TV revenue, that would hurt the AAC teams.

Which college football programs are the most valuable in conference realignment? | by Zach Miller | Zach Miller | Jul, 2021 | Medium

Comment

• SEC commish Greg Sankey out here ssligining mud at the Alliance.

In other deverlopments, The lawyers behind the Alston v NCAA case victory are throwing warning shots at the Alliance in case they were thinking about uniform NIL legislation.
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
                                Value of Each Team: This is a couple of weeks old and I am not sure it is totally accurate such as the category of home attendance because UC has a smaller stadium than most but it is usually near sold out every game. Also it looks at revenue and if it includes TV revenue, that would hurt the AAC teams.

Which college football programs are the most valuable in conference realignment? | by Zach Miller | Zach Miller | Jul, 2021 | Medium
                                This is purely subjective. The smaller stadium is the only thing holding UC down at this point. We could always play a marquee game or two at PBS, for example Clemson if we were in the ACC.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X