Texas, Oklahoma reach out to SEC about joining conference

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
    The pros and cons of the 4 candidates plus winners and losers. Weighing pros, cons of conference expansion for Big 12 contenders - Sports Illustrated
    Pretty good write-up. Hard to believe we scored that poorly in other sports. "Cincinnati was No. 143 in the Learfield Cup all-sports standings in 2020–21, which would be last in the new 12-team league." I know football is the driver, but improving basketball would be a great side benefit.

Comment

• Our men's golf team just won the IU classic. Beating a couple of B1G teams and a handful of other teams has to help. Our men's and women's track teams have been doing well. I thought that our women's volleyball team has been doing well. What is dragging us down? Keep in mind that we are $30M a year short of the Big 12 for finances. This has to affect our Olympic sports.

Comment

• Are there any rumors of the UC Board of Regents meeting on Big 12 topic? After the UH Board vote, I'd hope to see our Board do something similar to give Pinto or Cunningham ability to quickly navigate the application process or accept a bid, if one is forthcoming.
        Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post
          Are there any rumors of the UC Board of Regents meeting on Big 12 topic? After the UH Board vote, I'd hope to see our Board do something similar to give Pinto or Cunningham ability to quickly navigate the application process or accept a bid, if one is forthcoming.
          Outside of some bozo from WVU saying they met in secret last night (which would violate the state's Open Meetings Act, I think), I don't think the BoT have anything scheduled until late October. They could definitely schedule a special meeting for this but the schedule and minutes for the BoT has not been published in its usual spot so far in 2022. Not sure why.They last met in late June according to the BoT site.
          Last edited by Lobot; 09-08-2021, 09:46 AM.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• This does mention the Houston vote... Big 12 quickly working to expand before Texas, OU departures (yahoo.com)

Comment

• Andy Staples of theathletic.com ($) lays out the reasons why the B12 is moving so quickly:

https://theathletic.com/2813535/2021.../?redirected=1

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post

Outside of some bozo from WVU saying they met in secret last night (which would violate the state's Open Meetings Act, I think), I don't think the BoT have anything scheduled until late October. They could definitely schedule a special meeting for this but the schedule and minutes for the BoT has not been published in its usual spot so far in 2022. Not sure why.They last met in late June according to the BoT site.
                You couldn't be referring to "The Dude", could you? There were other sources of UH Board meeting, some posted earlier in this thread.

Good to know someone knows where to find the open meetings schedule/minutes. That is not something I'd check on very often. I do hope our Board meets and grants authority to act to Dr Pinto or AD Cunningham, so we don't have to await a future or emergency BoR meeting.
                Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

You couldn't be referring to "The Dude", could you? There were other sources of UH Board meeting, some posted earlier in this thread.

Good to know someone knows where to find the open meetings schedule/minutes. That is not something I'd check on very often. I do hope our Board meets and grants authority to act to Dr Pinto or AD Cunningham, so we don't have to await a future or emergency BoR meeting.
                  I referring to MHver3 who somehow manages to be worse than The Dude of WV account.

UC has not had a meeting as far as I know.

UH definitely had a meeting. That was reported widely. Sorry if I confused the issue there.
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• https://twitter.com/Enquirer/status/1435671154128216064
                    BREAKING: University of Cincinnati has officially submitted its application to join the Big 12 Conference, according to two university sources.

Article is subscriber only, but I think the tweet says all you need to know

3:35 p.m. update - Justin Williams of The Athletic confirming Jason Williams (Enquirer)'s report above
                    Last edited by GoBearcats31; 09-08-2021, 03:37 PM.

Comment

• Big 12 expansion: Cincinnati reportedly submits application to join league (247sports.com) If it online, it has to be true. UC submitted.

Comment

• https://247sports.com/Article/Big-12...ton-170519369/
                        here is full article

Comment

• https://www.si.com/college/2021/09/0...resco-reaction

While three of its top member schools prepare to enter another league, the American Athletic Conference is poised to expand itself and remain the sixth-strongest conference in college football.

“The American has been Power 6 all along and will be one moving forward,” AAC commissioner Mike Aresco tells Sports Illustrated in an interview Wednesday. “The Big 12 is taking our teams because of what’s happened to them. That tells you all you need to know in terms of where we are. Teams will be interested in us that have the resources to compete at the highest level in our league with an outstanding TV partner in ESPN.”

Comment

• Santa Ono just posted this on Facebook:

When I started at UC I didn’t have much experience with NCAA D1 sports. But I knew how much it meant to the school and the city. So I immersed myself in what it would take to get UC back into a P5 conference, and set out to 1) raise $ to renovate Nippert Stadium and the Shoe 2) provide funds so Mike Bohn could hire first rate coaches like Luke Fickell and 3) over 18 months visited every Big 12 and ACC school to make sure UC was on the radar screen when conference realignment happened again. With today’s application to the Big12, I feel it may have all been worth it. We will know in a matter of days. #HottestCollegeinAmerica

Comment

• Thamel. Fridays vote is a formality

https://twitter.com/petethamel/statu...958202883?s=21
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X