Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bearcatbret
    replied
    CUSA may stay alive by adding FCS schools. Currently, after the departures, they will not have a bid to the NCAA basketball tourney.. Conference USA future in doubt with four teams expected to join Sun Belt next week - CBSSports.com
    "She's getting calls from every aspiring FCS program," a source from one of those schools said.

Leave a comment:

• longtimefan
    replied
    So P5 and G4?

Leave a comment:

• bearcatbret
    replied
    I hate all of this and I blame the raiding of the Big East football schools 10 years ago. Well, I really blame ESPN. So, the MAC is really a geographic conference and a nice competetive league of similar schools. They will never be elevated because of TV money but will they reach out to the remaining CDOA (CUSA) teams and invite them in?
    Last edited by bearcatbret; 10-23-2021, 12:04 AM.

Leave a comment:

• swilsonsp4
    replied
    C-USA = dead meat.

Leave a comment:

• True Bearcat
    replied
    Southern Miss is Sun Belt bound!
    College football's great reshuffle continues -- Southern Miss is officially joining the Sun Belt, with three other teams still in limbo.

Leave a comment:

• swilsonsp4
    replied
    Originally posted by Lobot View Post
    UTEP is likely to go independent anyway. They don't really fit any footprint except the MWC and that conference isn't expanding.

I have a hard time thinking the AAC doesn't want LA Tech. They probably should have taken them over UNT
    The AAC went after schools in or around large metro areas. Ruston, LA doesn't qualify, stuck as it is in the far north of the state, not far from AR.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    UTEP is likely to go independent anyway. They don't really fit any footprint except the MWC and that conference isn't expanding.

I have a hard time thinking the AAC doesn't want LA Tech. They probably should have taken them over UNT

Leave a comment:

• bearcatbret
    replied
    What all this means is that if the B1G wants to expand, they will raid the ACC or PAC.

Leave a comment:

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X