For those keeping score at home.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those keeping score at home.

With Texas and Oklahoma announcing they were SEC bound it caused seismic shifts throughout college sports, and it will not end with just the FBS level. If any school gets promoted from FCS it will send waves through there as well. How we stand on October 22, 2021

New American (all teams confirmed)

Memphis
    South Florida
    Navy
    East Carolina
    Wichita State
    SMU
    Tulsa
    Tulane
    Temple
    Florida Atlantic
    Charlotte
    North Texas
    UTSA
    Rice
    UAB

New Sun Belt

App State
    Coastal Carolina
    Troy
    USA
    Arkansas St
    Texas St
    Louisiana
    UL Monroe
    Georgia Southern
    Georgia State
    Southern Mississippi
    ODU
    Marshall
    James Madison

New CUSA

FIU
    La Tech
    UTEP
    Sam Houston State
    Jacksonville State
    New Mexico State
    Liberty
    WKU
    MTSU
    Kennesaw State
    Last edited by True Bearcat; 10-17-2022, 07:42 AM.

What all this means is that if the B1G wants to expand, they will raid the ACC or PAC.

Comment

UTEP is likely to go independent anyway. They don't really fit any footprint except the MWC and that conference isn't expanding.

I have a hard time thinking the AAC doesn't want LA Tech. They probably should have taken them over UNT
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
        UTEP is likely to go independent anyway. They don't really fit any footprint except the MWC and that conference isn't expanding.

I have a hard time thinking the AAC doesn't want LA Tech. They probably should have taken them over UNT
        The AAC went after schools in or around large metro areas. Ruston, LA doesn't qualify, stuck as it is in the far north of the state, not far from AR.

Comment

Southern Miss is Sun Belt bound!
          College football's great reshuffle continues -- Southern Miss is officially joining the Sun Belt, with three other teams still in limbo.

Comment

C-USA = dead meat.

Comment

I hate all of this and I blame the raiding of the Big East football schools 10 years ago. Well, I really blame ESPN. So, the MAC is really a geographic conference and a nice competetive league of similar schools. They will never be elevated because of TV money but will they reach out to the remaining CDOA (CUSA) teams and invite them in?
              Last edited by bearcatbret; 10-23-2021, 12:04 AM.

Comment

So P5 and G4?

Comment

CUSA may stay alive by adding FCS schools. Currently, after the departures, they will not have a bid to the NCAA basketball tourney.. Conference USA future in doubt with four teams expected to join Sun Belt next week - CBSSports.com
                  "She's getting calls from every aspiring FCS program," a source from one of those schools said.

Comment

Old Dominion to the Sun Belt is official.
                    ODU is the second of an expected four teams to join the SBC. Southern Miss made its official announcement on Tuesday. A decision from Marshall is expected by the end of the week, and news on James Madison should come later next week.

Comment

Missouri State is looking to move up to FBS from what I've been reading. I'd assume they will be a candidate somewhere. Just what the world needs, more Bobby Petrino.
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Marshall to Sun Belt is official.
                        Marshall, one of the key remaining Conference USA teams, has elected to join the Sun Belt Conference

Comment

I've given up trying to follow this stuff -- as long as UC is in the Big 12, whatever else happens (particularly outside the "new" ACC) will take a while to get used to/keep track of over the next few years

Comment

WKU and MTSU are probably headed to the MAC. The MAC will meet soon to discuss expansion per Pete Thamel.
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

According to Brett McMurphy Conference USA will survive!!! He said they will add Sam Houston State, Jacksonville State, New Mexico State, and Liberty by the end of week. Will this be enough to keep Western Kentucky and Middle Tennessee or are they MAC bound?

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X