Feedback for moving threads and posts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Catmandu View Post
    Keith, can't we for the one week we play him allow a thread to stay a thread? All of the Cronin vs huggins debate is approriate THIS Week (at least till Wednesday after the game.
    Cat, I think Keith did allow the WV thread to go for awhile. The problem became that a lot of the other threads picked up the same theme, same comments etc. In fact, I think he had to police the Seton Hall thread because it already had jumped ahead to WV. Cat, I applaud your support of Huggs. Most of your points are very valid, but really there are only a small handfull of people that keep putting the jabs into Huggs, and to be honest with you I just ignore them. Most of the time I think they are said just to aggravate you and 1958 and a few select others into posting a retraction. Ignore them, these posts will eventually just wither away.

And may I add, glad to hear that your true colors came out as you were watching the game on Wednesday.

Comment

Originally posted by mlb View Post
      I find myself visiting this board less and less due to the over moderation. I understand how hard it is to keep the peace here, but at the same time, I feel like I can't post because in some way I am going to offend a moderator or another user who believes no discussion of bad moves by Cronin or the administration should be allowed...

This site was the place I started following UC on the internet (well, here and the uc.bearcats newsgroup when the emails were all copied over there). The email forum was the only place I posted about UC for years. Now I post over on other sites much more often because they allow for a much more broad discussion of UC. I'm not saying I don't get annoyed at people who want to live in the past, and constantly rehash the whole 2005 incident, but at the same time I like to be able to fully discuss UC athletics and the school in general.

Hopefully the moderators will change up their current standards, as I think they are way too strict.

One other thing... I also know of a lot of people who have left here because of the over moderation. Some, like Don, left because they wanted to talk up Huggins and rip on everyone else. Others, like oleskl, left because he just thought the moderation here was way over the top. Over moderation can run off some of the best and most informed UC fans.
      MLB - I've known your posts for a while and dont want to lose the 'veterans' that were a part of the old email Forum from a few years ago. I'm big on loyalty. I like Oleskl and I even like Don (in small doses).

"Now I post over on other sites much more often because they allow for a much more broad discussion of UC."
      - I think that Bearcat Nation (BearcatNews, the Scout and Rival sites and the NCAABBS) is now strong enough to successfully support these multitude of sites. The BBS has a less moderated approach, we have a more moderated approach. IMO, both sites allow you to arrive at your destination - talking 'bout the Cats - but one allows to arrive in a Ford and the other a Chevy. Each is an alternative to the other. Then the two pay sites offer more alternatives.

"Over moderation can run off some of the best and most informed UC fans."
      - I agree with this, but my concern is the most informed fans didnt always post valuable information or intelligent commentary. Rants, minutiae and just plain insanity got in the way of real discussion. If Keith and I are doing this right, we are limiting the 'junk' and allowing the good stuff, even though both types of notes may be posted by the same person.

When Keith, Brett and I discussed the Rules the one I liked the best was

Folks who visit here have been allowed in to the 'home' of Keith, Brett and I. If you play nice, you get to stay. If you put your dirty, stinky, muddy feet on our new coffee table, you gotta go.
      Mike In Clifton

No sarcasm on the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by Catmandu View Post
        Why not let the conversations go where they want, and like a simple economy "supply and demand: will determine the longevity/participation of said thread. Bad threads die, they shouldn't need to be "Managed"
        I think you just described the NCAABBS board.
        Mike In Clifton

No sarcasm on the internet.

Comment

For the most part, I think most folks like how we run "our Bearcat house". The number of posts, threads and new users we are getting on a daily basis seem to indicate this.
          Keith Wedinger
          Bearcatnews.com Administrator
          Twitter: @jkwuc89

Comment

MM members suffered from a heavy hand, and now XavierHoops is taking alot of their former members. It's all good until new alternatives come along. Just something to keep in mind. Aside from that, every site has a different feel for it, and there are always complaints about how a board is run.

Comment

Originally posted by ME80 View Post
              Cat, I think Keith did allow the WV thread to go for awhile. The problem became that a lot of the other threads picked up the same theme, same comments etc. In fact, I think he had to police the Seton Hall thread because it already had jumped ahead to WV. Cat, I applaud your support of Huggs. Most of your points are very valid, but really there are only a small handfull of people that keep putting the jabs into Huggs, and to be honest with you I just ignore them. Most of the time I think they are said just to aggravate you and 1958 and a few select others into posting a retraction. Ignore them, these posts will eventually just wither away.

And may I add, glad to hear that your true colors came out as you were watching the game on Wednesday.
              Trust me. Not aggravated at all. The facts are overwhelming. Huggs is one heckuva veteran coach. AK and Mick are two heckuva younger coaches. Frank Martin, too.

Comment

Originally posted by ME80 View Post

Thanks... and I must say it felt good!
                [B]"Is she gone yet?? [B]

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X