X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Threads closing

Admins:

HOw to get a thread closed,

Okay, I am going to use the two obvious ones.

1) Mention Bob Huggins, it will be deleted quickly. Although his legacy is important when discussing the future and that he is a current Beast coach.

2) Anything that hints to Coach Kelly not being here if it is valid or not.

Admins lets have some things being discussed even if they are not all praising UC. These are topics a lot of UC fans are talking about and I like to see what my good friends and die hard UC fans on Bearcatnews have to say about it. All the admins are doing right now is closing thread after thread. I understand it is your rules your site and I agree. I just feel we are getting short changed.

I love bearcatnews and it is my favorite site but I think it could be even better.

Thank You,

The Greatest Bearcat Member of All-Time

THEGREATONE

Please move this thread to Feedback. My bad

Comment

Gee, I don't know why they're closing threads when people are creating threads to describe what status their membership is on the site...

Comment

Threads about Huggins go on the "where are they now" forum with very few exceptions. If it turns "nasty", the thread will be closed.

Threads about your personal status on this board will be deleted. No further explanation needed.

Threads about Coach Kelly and job rumors especially after yesterday's press conference will most likely get closed UNLESS there is solid information backing the rumor.
        Keith Wedinger
        Bearcatnews.com Administrator
        Twitter: @jkwuc89

Comment

OK I will do my best to follow the rules.

Comment

Is there a need to close threads or delete posts? Is there a storage limit? I've got a spare 2 gig HD I can donate.

Obviously potentially libelous posts should be removed, but is closing threads just a way for Mike and Keith to show how important they are? Now really, it's Freudian I'm sure. Something to do with too much or too little breastfeeding as infants.

If the goal is to have civilized, intelligent discourse on UC sports, you'd have to kick off 3/4 of the posters on here. I'll send a list.

Comment

Originally posted by jkwuc89 View Post
              Threads about Coach Kelly and job rumors especially after yesterday's press conference will most likely get closed UNLESS there is solid information backing the rumor.
              Do landings and takeoffs of private planes at Lunken count as solid info.? If so, I think P&G is trying to take Kelly from us.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffto View Post
                Is there a need to close threads or delete posts? Is there a storage limit? I've got a spare 2 gig HD I can donate.

Obviously potentially libelous posts should be removed, but is closing threads just a way for Mike and Keith to show how important they are? Now really, it's Freudian I'm sure. Something to do with too much or too little breastfeeding as infants.

If the goal is to have civilized, intelligent discourse on UC sports, you'd have to kick off 3/4 of the posters on here. I'll send a list.
                It's a lot easier to close a thread than to go through and delete all of the off-topic/immature posts. If you were in there place you'd close the threads as well. To keep the site attractive to some people there must be a limit to how far threads can stray off topic.
                In Mick we trust

Comment

Originally posted by NorrisHopper30 View Post
                  It's a lot easier to close a thread than to go through and delete all of the off-topic/immature posts. If you were in there place you'd close the threads as well. To keep the site attractive to some people there must be a limit to how far threads can stray off topic.
                  Agreed, but it is a forum, why cant people post there opinions without things being deleted. Alot of stupid nonsense i think, such as me getting introuble for having a user name in my signature, which is bound to happen. I mean cmmon people cant even joke around?

Comment

First, I'd get rid of all the people who cannot select correctly between their, they're and there. Then those who don't know the difference between your and you're. 1/3 fewer posts right there.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffto View Post
                      First, I'd get rid of all the people who cannot select correctly between their, they're and there. Then those who don't know the difference between your and you're. 1/3 fewer posts right there.
                      id personally get rid of people who are so anal about spelling on a online forum.

Comment

Yeah who cares about the spelling..... I am with LL here

Comment

Improper grammar and spelling shows a lack of respect for others. Why should you burden your readers with trying to figure out what in the heck you're saying. It's hard enough trying to figure it out with some people even when their grammar is good.

Poor command of the language also makes your opinion less respected.

Comment

The second sentence should end with a question mark.
                            -SlM-

Comment

Originally posted by SLMadiCat View Post
                              The second sentence should end with a question mark.
                              Thank you for the correction. I'll try to watch that in the future.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X