Quoting has been disabled

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by YouGuessedItFrankStallone View Post
    Yeah I'm gonna have to put in a vote against removing the quote feature.

Its absence really kills the natural flow of conversations within threads.

I can tolerate having to read the quotes from my ignored members. I see the wholesale removal of the quoting system as the proverbial "throwing the baby out with the bath water."

Not a deal breaker either way, though.
    Kinda agree with Frank here. Can't we just use the Ignore function that God gave us and skip the postings of people we don't want to converse with?

Will be hard to reply to people and read who has replied to you if we can't show what we are responding to.

That said, I'm probably one of the more lengthy (in terms of long posts) writers on here so I probably contribute to the problem.
    Bleed red and black and everything else will take care of itself!

Comment

This really makes it difficult to respond to people and it makes it much harder to follow a thread. I don't even understand the ignore function. If you don't want to read someone's post, just skip over it. Now we can't quote people because some don't want to have to skip over the quoted section? Why is everyone bending over backwards for those who can't keep themselves from not reading something they don't want to read???

I love this site and don't want to complain, but this is a bad move, in my opinion.

Comment

just copy & paste the post you want to quote if you feel its that important to your post or the flow of the conversation

Comment

You're absolutely right but it defeats the whole purpose of making the threads shorter.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Based on constructive feedback I've received, I have turned quoting back on. Please do not abuse this. If all you are going to say is "I agree", do NOT quote a post. Also, if you are replying to a long post, do not quote the entire thing. Quote the portion that is relevant to your reply.
            Keith Wedinger
            Bearcatnews.com Administrator
            Twitter: @jkwuc89

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X