No announcement yet.

Backyard Blitz 2024

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You would think that Fickel proved that UC can be at the top of the football world which could be attractive to the local kids. Although, he also proved what the local coaches know is that UC is still a steppingstone for coaches. However, I would like to believe that being in the Big 12 now would somehow soften that image. We had a run of 4-5 good years if not great. That dates back to when the class of 2024 kids were in 7-8th grade.

Comment

What makes it tough is Cincy is saturated with pro teams. Ann Harbor, Cbus, and just about any other Big10 or SEC school is in a city where college dominates. Heck even most Big12 teams. Cincinnati may have the most professional sports teams for a city of its size in the US and I think this drastically cuts down on the $$ available from Alumni and corporate sponsors. Would you rather sponsor the Bearcats or a Bengals team who is killing it? Or the Reds who have 164 games a year? The Lindners are certainly keeping their own $$ more now with a soccer team that can't hold a jock strap as an MLS team.

I really believe cincinnati has cannibalized themselves by having so many pro teams that cut down on the amount of NIL and money coming into the school.

Comment

Really bad officiating…again.

Comment

Posted to the wrong thread. Never mind.
          Last edited by longtimefan; 01-14-2023, 10:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

I've seen several tweets of players getting offers and many coming to take an official visit Jan 22nd including local product from Taft, defensive end Elias Rudolf. There's a danrned long time between Jan and early signing day in Dec, so let's see if anyone commits
            Ryan Day was at Taft on Friday. Several crystal balls came with the visit. I hope the Jan. 22 visit makes a solid impact.

Comment

I thought I saw him. Did he have $$ falling out of his pocket?

Comment

Originally posted by RedDog View Post
                I thought I saw him. Did he have $$ falling out of his pocket?
                It is legal now and I see where UC has started a NIL non-profit too. Let us go beyond sour grapes and plant some deep (pocketed) flags.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X