This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jake Wheelock 2024 Stebbins HS Riverside OH OL commit

First member of the 2024 squad is in the barn. Wheelock is from the Dayton area and can play both G and C positions on the OL.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/14984317/Jake-Wheelock
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Great pickup. See they beat out Ron Crook at VT which is our former OL coach. This kid from the Ohio recruiting guys was very underrated. Most have him top 10 linemen in the state.

Comment

Great way to start the class landing a top Ohio OL. Hopefully this gets things rolling.

Comment

When is 110% maybe not 110%? Still getting offers, still talking to other schools. Is this just something that happens now?
        https://twitter.com/jakewheelock_/st...afEvcB3TiB6zmg

Comment

I feel the same way. It is kind of like getting engaged and then still courting other women. Maybe he is in competition with his teammate to see who can receive the most offers.

Comment

look recruiting spoils egos. What can we expect when these high profile coaches and their communities make such a fuss over a recruit. The players want more attention. This morning I saw a very expensive meme announcing that a player was just taking a visit. He was 100% locked in with the visit. It will get worse with social media, easy transferring etc.

Comment

Lots of program will offer committed players in the hopes they can get a late flip. Personally, I've never liked that from any school even when we used to do it under Fickell's staff but no honor among thieves I guess. Schools have done that to UC commits pretty regularly the last 10 years or so. As far as the player goes, he got an offer and I'm not worried about it. If he's taking visits that he didn't already have planned, then I pay attention to it.

Ex: Qua Birdsong took a visit to UCF after committing here but this visit was already planned out beforehand on his schedule. If he wants to spend UCF's hospitality money so he can visit some friends from his home state of Florida then I'm not going to complain about that one.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Signed!!

https://admin.gobearcats.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=12171
                Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post
                  Listed as an early enrollee

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X