Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jones has committed to the Bearcats today. He had offers from BC, Pitt, Uconn, ECU and Temple. Rivals has him rated a 3 star.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/14652821/elijah-jones
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Additionally, you like to to see this because we've had trouble making inroads in recruiting in PA and this is a nice pick up from that perspective.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
        Additionally, you like to to see this because we've had trouble making inroads in recruiting in PA and this is a nice pick up from that perspective.
        Is Philly a football recruiting hotbed? I've heard Pitt is very similary to Cincy and know little of Philly. Plus, I like the idea of getting a recruit who's family can drive 4 or less hours to see a game, and it never hurts to steal recruits from Pitt or WVU or JoePa U.
        Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

Is Philly a football recruiting hotbed? I've heard Pitt is very similary to Cincy and know little of Philly. Plus, I like the idea of getting a recruit who's family can drive 4 or less hours to see a game, and it never hurts to steal recruits from Pitt or WVU or JoePa U.
          They’re probably next on the big states recruiting list after Ohio. There used to be an interstate all star game between the two states but I’m not sure they still play it.

Getting guys away from Penn St is hard and Fickell probably went crazy trying. That staff recruited hard in the Philly area and really didn’t pull anyone out of there that they wanted.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

They’re probably next on the big states recruiting list after Ohio. There used to be an interstate all star game between the two states but I’m not sure they still play it.

Getting guys away from Penn St is hard and Fickell probably went crazy trying. That staff recruited hard in the Philly area and really didn’t pull anyone out of there that they wanted.
            The Big 33 game used to be played between all stars from Ohio and Pennsylvania. Since 2013, Pennsylvania have played against Maryland.

Comment

Caffey committed on 6/26. We beat IU, Syracuse, BC, Pitt and others for his services. Rated a 3 star by 247 and Rivals. His HS coach gushes about the kid as Caffey will probably leave Avon with the entire record book in hand.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/15017728/jakorion-caffey
              Last edited by Lobot; 06-28-2023, 09:20 AM.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Caffey jumped on 6/26. We beat IU, Syracuse, BC, Pitt and others for his services. Rated a 3 star by 247 and Rivals. His HS coach gushes about the kid as Caffey will probably leave Avon with the entire record book in hand.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/15017728/jakorion-caffey
                i don't really know why, but, to some extent, i'd hoped that we'd start seeing some 4 stars, etc. Hopefully, CSS and the gang are in the same mode as CLF was - finding 3 stars who have the heart and work ethic to be coached up, so that they play like 4 star guys. we're gonna need those kids, as we embark on a new, tougher chapter for the 'cats

Comment

Originally posted by D.A.H. View Post

i don't really know why, but, to some extent, i'd hoped that we'd start seeing some 4 stars, etc. Hopefully, CSS and the gang are in the same mode as CLF was - finding 3 stars who have the heart and work ethic to be coached up, so that they play like 4 star guys. we're gonna need those kids, as we embark on a new, tougher chapter for the 'cats
                  I agree it would be nice if they can grab a couple 4 stars in this class, but the recruits they have so far are solid. We are getting higher 3 stars and if they continue will have a top 40 class. I think some kids are on a wait and see approach to UC. Curious how the new staff will do in the Big 12. Best case is a solid year and then I believe things will continue to uptick.

Comment

Originally posted by D.A.H. View Post

I think if Fick and staff were still here, we would be rolling right now with recruiting. The change in coaching obviously impacted recruiting. This coming year will have a lasting impact. Do well, the program as a whole will rise along with recruiting. Perform poorly, then the program will slide downward, Satterfield’s staff will struggle and fade into obscurity.

Comment

4*’s cost too much

Comment

We have a commitment from top QB target!! Huge pickup for Satt and staff. Jones is ranked the QB 20th with a .8986 rating according to the 247 composite, which transkates to him being a 4 star rated recruit. He picked UC over West Virginia, Oklahoma and Penn State.

https://twitter.com/SamajJones2/stat...PY11T9N6A&s=19
                        Last edited by Lobot; 07-03-2023, 10:11 AM.
                        Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

This is huge!! Hopefully this can get the ball rolling!

Comment

Definitely a really good fit for what offense they are running. Big strong kid.

Comment

Sanks committed to UC over Houston and smaller schools. We were his best offer. He's Rated a 3 star recruit by services.

Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Nice to grab a good player out of Memphis' backyard when they had offered him. Parker is a 3 star DL who is mostly an edge rusher.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/13320054/Marquaze-Parker
                                Brent Wyrick
                                92 Final Four Front Row
                                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X