Paying Recruits to visit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paying Recruits to visit

What's everyone's opinion? Apparently recruits are getting $5000 from some colleges.

I'm curious where you saw this?

I can see a school paying the expenses for official visits otherwise it's practically bribery.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

As noted above, it seems sketchy if schools get caught, and I don't see an upside. Maybe paying a top 15-20 recruit to come in for PR to get other recruits talking your name, and possibly sign one. Maybe? However, why pay a recruit who isn't interested in official or unofficial visits? Besides the bribe angle, which will likely result in penalties once NCAA figure this out, the recruit cannot sign or commit or vow not to visit other schools.

Count me in the "not a fan" of this group.
      Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
        I'm curious where you saw this?

I can see a school paying the expenses for official visits otherwise it's practically bribery.
        I believe I saw it on ESPN and it was Gene Smith from TOSU who said it is not uncommon for recruits to ask for it.

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-...-become-common
        Last edited by Oldtimer_UC_fan; 09-22-2023, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldtimer_UC_fan View Post

I believe I saw it on ESPN and it was Gene Smith from TOSU who said it is not uncommon for recruits to ask for it.

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-...-become-common
          Just because they ask for it doesn't mean you have to play that game. Betting the NCAA catches up to this eventually and rules those players ineligible.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post

Just because they ask for it doesn't mean you have to play that game. Betting the NCAA catches up to this eventually and rules those players ineligible.
            Of course not. Let's hope they do. Hard to prove though unless the schools report them.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X