This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brendan Sorsby Transfer QB Commit

Sorsby has been rumored as someone we wanted to pick up since he announced his intention to enter the portal out of IU. He committed to UC this morning.

He was a 3 star rated QB from Lake Dallas HS in Corinth TX and was probably under recruited in HIgh School because he was out 6-8 weeks with an injury in his HS Senior season.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/11340865/Brendan-Sorsby

Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Interesting!

He showed this year he his more than capable of being a "solid" QB, but I wonder his ceiling. Either way, I think he should be much more reliable than Emory Jones was, should Brendan be QB1.

Also, for those looking at his numbers (https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...brendan-sorsby), Tom Allen did this thing earlier in the year where he was rotating QBs before finally settling on Sorsby over Tayven Jackson, a former 4-star Tennessee transfer. He had success through the air and on the ground.
    Last edited by GoBearcats31; 12-06-2023, 01:39 PM.

Comment

BCJ article https://247sports.com/college/cincin...sby-222477468/

Comment

It's a start--- so far the offense is ok, but a speedy wr would be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
          Sorsby has been rumored as someone we wanted to pick up since he announced his intention to enter the portal out of IU. He committed to UC this morning.

He was a 3 star rated QB from Lake Dallas HS in Corinth TX and was probably under recruited in HIgh School because he was out 6-8 weeks with an injury in his HS Senior season.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/11340865/Brendan-Sorsby
          ive seen a few tweets from some national guys - they seem to think he's good pickup for UC

Comment

Meh. Looks like Emory 2.0. Seems Satterville favors low completion %-age guys. I'd like the receiver that he threw most of his TD's to, though.
            Last edited by Bearcat93; 12-06-2023, 04:22 PM.

Comment

Great pickup

i know he wasn't brought in to be 3rd string, but I hope Brady L and Brady D get a fair shake to earn the starter role. No more Bryant/Jones type of wink/wink deals.
              Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post
                It's a start--- so far the offense is ok, but a speedy wr would be nice.
                Barry Jackson Jr and Ty Perkins shouod take big steps to helping, along with Evan Prater. Always need more WR help

Comment

Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

Barry Jackson Jr and Ty Perkins shouod take big steps to helping, along with Evan Prater. Always need more WR help
                  Ty Perkins is in the portal.
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Ty Perkins is in the portal.
                    Well, Barry is the Flash, fast enough for two

Comment

Official https://gobearcats.com/news/2023/12/...an-sorsby.aspx

Cincinnati football head coach Scott Satterfield announced on Thursday the addition of quarterback Brendan Sorsby.

The Denton, Texas, native passed for 1,587 yards and 15 touchdowns with only five interceptions as a redshirt freshman at Indiana this fall. He appeared in 10 games with seven starts, including a five-touchdown game at Illinois and a three-touchdown passing effort at Penn State in his first career road start.

He has three years of eligibility remaining.

"We are excited to add Brendan to our quarterback room and our Bearcats family," head coach Scott Satterfield said. "He's a tremendous competitor who has played on some big stages in the Big Ten and never flinched. He's got a great arm, he's an accurate passer, and he's a dynamic runner. He adds leadership and experience to our team, and I'm looking forward to coaching him."

Comment

Is 56% an accurate passer?

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat93 View Post
                          Is 56% an accurate passer?
                          Depends on the offense and coordinator. That's fantastic if you're Navy. Sorsby hasn't even tried to run Satterfields offense yet.

Give it a chance and maybe stop being more negative about Satterfield than the temperature in Siberia?
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Depends on the offense and coordinator. That's fantastic if you're Navy. Sorsby hasn't even tried to run Satterfields offense yet.

Give it a chance and maybe stop being more negative about Satterfield than the temperature in Siberia?
                            As long as we don’t push Drogosh out. He’ll be a star when he gets a chance.

Comment

We're just sharing opinions, right? I don't see an offense like Navy in our future. Sorsby wasn't offered by anyone out of HS, and didn't do much of anything for IU, even against weaker teams. It's perfectly reasonable to hope for a better portal QB, given there are so many really good ones still available. This seems like a quick get to me and I just would have preferred we look a little harder. Will our o-line be better next year? I hope so, and they're all returning so it stands to reason they will be. However, I don't think what we saw in Scott's playcalling makes me super optimistic about Sorsby being successful given we don't have much in the way of any proven WR's and next year will be more of that - new WR's learning a new system.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X