Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"... didn't do much of anything ..." ?? How about 13-for-19, 269 yards, 3 TD, 1 INT at Penn State? Or 22-for-33, 289 yards, 3 TD, 1 INT + 2 rushing TD at Illinois?

Sorsby was the backup for the first six games, with limited attempts. He played pretty well after that.

As far as a better QB is concerned, who are they (at least that Cincy Reigns can afford)? Believe it, NIL is a component. Dante Moore and others of his ilk are too expensive, even if they did have interest here.

Comment

Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post
      "... didn't do much of anything ..." ?? How about 13-for-19, 269 yards, 3 TD, 1 INT at Penn State? Or 22-for-33, 289 yards, 3 TD, 1 INT + 2 rushing TD at Illinois?

Sorsby was the backup for the first six games, with limited attempts. He played pretty well after that.

As far as a better QB is concerned, who are they (at least that Cincy Reigns can afford)? Believe it, NIL is a component. Dante Moore and others of his ilk are too expensive, even if they did have interest here.
      Again, just my opinion, just like you selected two games where his numbers were better, there’s more games where his numbers weren’t very good. I also suspect this will push Drogosh out, which is disappointing. I really think not giving him even a meaningful series or two in a disastrous season was puzzling to say the least . We shall see.
      Last edited by Bearcat93; 12-07-2023, 11:23 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=Bearcat93;n408592]

. Sorsby wasn't offered by anyone out of HS,

Well by that logic Desmond Ridder would have been off your list.......only UC offered him......Drew Brees would have been off your list he only had 2 offers.....Josh Allen well he had no offers and had to beg his way to get on a Wyoming team.......Baker Mayfield as well..........I like the kid, lets see what he can do.....
        L

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat93 View Post

Again, just my opinion, just like you selected two games where his numbers were better, there’s more games where his numbers weren’t very good. I also suspect this will push Drogosh out, which is disappointing. I really think not giving him even a meaningful series or two in a disastrous season was puzzling to say the least . We shall see.
          Did you see IU play at all this year? They were not good at all up front.

Comment

It looks like the staff has more time to evaluate players in the portal. Last year with new staff and short period of time they took players that no other teams wanted. Emory was terrible and all the portal WR we’re just as bad. I hope Sorsby works out and the get players that buy in (Corleone)
            commit to program. Fickel and Butch both struggled their first year, I’m optimistic It will turn around. Let Coach Satt build this team and let’s see what next year brings before we call for changes

Comment

Originally posted by JBB View Post
              It looks like the staff has more time to evaluate players in the portal. Last year with new staff and short period of time they took players that no other teams wanted. Emory was terrible and all the portal WR we’re just as bad. I hope Sorsby works out and the get players that buy in (Corleone)
              commit to program. Fickel and Butch both struggled their first year, I’m optimistic It will turn around. Let Coach Satt build this team and let’s see what next year brings before we call for changes
              I concur with much of this but I do believe Xavier Henderson is a good receiver. Wiggins was okay, but Jones had trouble with the deep ball. Smith had his moments but was loose with the ball as a returner. The others had trouble getting separation.
              Last edited by swilsonsp4; 12-09-2023, 03:31 PM. Reason: "Returner" not "receiver".

Comment

Originally posted by JBB View Post
                I pray you are right. I would hate to go back to the dark days. I still think changes in the coaching staff (Combs) are in order to really make a difference.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X