Coach Fickell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post

The more rings the merrier. Some junior in Hs doesn't remember two years ago very well. Think of the publicity that UC will get with the announcers constantly reminding kids that Luke is the new coach at UC.

About not caring for his new employer. Geesh tOSU developed, trained and matured Luke. He is the embodiment of tOSU. If you hate them, you have to not be happy with Luke. Plus an UC alum works for tOSU football team.

None of that outweighs their Big Brother attitude. I root for Michigan once every year.

I couldn't care less whom they employ.

Another national championship won't change recruits' attitude one iota.

Go, Tigers!

Comment

Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post

None of that outweighs their Big Brother attitude. I root for Michigan once every year.

Go, Tigers!
      true - I'm with you!

Comment

Go, Tigers!
        You must be very disappointed once a year if you root for !ichigan.

Comment

Frankly, I don't like them, either. Just not as badly.

Comment

You young guys quit being jealous about tOSU. It wasn't always like that. tOSU still won't schedule the cats in BB. Why-- because the cats beat them on the court two years in a row for the championship. Of course in the tournament a few years ago the bucks won. You get respect by beating them in a game and not by saying tOSU treats UC like a little brother. When Luke takes his tOSU molded program up to Columbus and gives them a good beating, then you will see it change. Plus I think many just have an inferior complex because of the losses. In sports, UC fans included, you usually do get a little cocky when you win and you make excuses when you lose especially in state. I have seen a few laughs going Miami's way lately. When the cats win, then they will be seen as a equal rival.

I would really like to see the 2 play in BB. The teams are kinda similar, but I see more defense with the cats. I know most of us will be crowing with that win just like when the cats give X the beating they deserve. I don't dislike the Buckeyes being a native Ohioan, it is just my favorite team is the BB Bearcats Now concerning where I went to grad school, I hate the UK wildcats BB team.

So this is the third time in my life that UC went to tOSU for a football head coach. Ralph Stuab, Mark D. and now Luke. Let's hope Luke takes what he learned from tOSU and builds a winner in state and nationally. We all saw that it can be done. How many here wanted Tressell or ED Warriner or Kerry Combs. That says a lot. tOSU wanted a UC alum to be their head coach though. That says more.

Comment

Luke is now free to be here. I hope he forgets about the disaster in the desert and brings some positive coaching to the TT disaster. When will he get a vacation to renew his energy? I believe that there will be some tOSU offensive assistant coaches available, but only EW if he is strictly an OL coach.

Comment

Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post
                You young guys quit being jealous about tOSU.
                Young? I saw my first UC BB game in 1958. But, I'm young at heart! I'm just not a Buckeyes fan ... or UK ... or XU.

Comment

Young? I saw my first UC BB game in 1958. But, I'm young at heart! I'm just not a Buckeyes fan ... or UK ... or XU.
                  Then why don't you remember when tOSU was the cats little brother. !958 was the start of the greatest era in UC basketball.

Comment

Gentlemen, I don't only care how good or bad a coach LF is going to be, what matters just as much, is if he can recruit. UC's 2017 recruiting class is currently ranked #101. That is horrible. I remember BJ once had a class ranked #36.

I am hoping the he might pick up a couple of O$U recruits, who don't make the cut in getting offers from them. Remember too, we have a O$U transfer OL man (number one player out of North Dakota), and also an LSU transfer wide receiver, who are eligible next fall. Both were 4 star recruits, and both will have an immediate impact.

B.C.

"A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

College football recruiting rankings are useless. Would you like to know the number of sub 500 teams this year that are always in the tall cotton with recruits. Many. It's all about getting guys to buy in and do the dirty work.

Comment

Originally posted by coach View Post
                        College football recruiting rankings are useless. Would you like to know the number of sub 500 teams this year that are always in the tall cotton with recruits. Many. It's all about getting guys to buy in and do the dirty work.
                        \Coach you are quite right. ND and Kelly for one (count Dembrock too on that one). Hey Coach after tOSU game saturday night, I got a new understanding of what the 0 on the hats mean. That north dakota linemen left tOSU claiming too far from home. Hmm. tOSU has no line depth and have had many busts on their oline recently. They could use all the good linemen they recruited. Although the last tOSU oline recruit that came to UC started. Hopefully the cats will develop this one.

Comment

Looks like we may be getting Joker Phillips in some capacity on offense per footballscoop.com
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                            Looks like we may be getting Joker Phillips in some capacity on offense per footballscoop.com

Ohio State quality control coach Joker Phillips to be Luke Fickell's WRs coach at Cincinnati, per @FootballScoop

Comment

an Ohio state publication just announced he is coming. After saturday night , the changes were to come (jk). He did the browns wrs in 2015 though. Good to see the staff starting to develop. He is back in his old position at UC. Now let's avoid all those quarters without a TD this year. Many buck fans wanted him to take over the wrs at tOSU. Bearcat gain. Now let's score. I guess the new OC had to come first.

Go Coach Fick
                              Last edited by leo from jersey; 01-02-2017, 09:29 PM.

Comment

Another guy who is known to be a very good recruiter. Never can hurt to have an ex sec head coach on your staff. I would think the existing players would be thrilled to have Fickell, Denbrock and Phillips at this point.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X