Coach Fickell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by coach View Post
    Never can hurt to have an ex sec head coach on your staff.
    Maybe as long as that ex-SEC head coach isn't the head coach?
    McMicken College of Arts & Sciences 1999

Comment

Another guy who is known to be a very good recruiter. Never can hurt to have an ex sec head coach on your staff. I would think the existing players would be thrilled to have Fickell, Denbrock and Phillips at this point.

Good hire as long as he leaves that "anything goes on the recruiting trail" philosophy that seems to be so common in the SEC. He was fired at Florida in 2014 for committing NCAA recruiting violations.

Comment

Originally posted by blackattack View Post

Good hire as long as he leaves that "anything goes on the recruiting trail" philosophy that seems to be so common in the SEC. He was fired at Florida in 2014 for committing NCAA recruiting violations.
        That's not correct. He was suspended at Florida for a recruiting violation whereby he had a picture taken at a restaurant with a recruit during a down period. Florida received no Ncaa penalties. He quit after he was suspended. He wasn't forced out.

Comment

That's not correct. He was suspended at Florida for a recruiting violation whereby he had a picture taken at a restaurant with a recruit during a down period. Florida received no Ncaa penalties. He quit after he was suspended. He wasn't forced out.
          I stand corrected about the NCAA involvement.
          All that matters to me is that he was caught committing a violation and it ultimately cost him his job.
          We won't receive the same "fairness" from the NCAA if he does the same thing here that he did there since Florida is a P5 blue blood.
          Last edited by blackattack; 01-03-2017, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Strength and conditioning coaches are in the fold: http://footballscoop.com/strength-scoop/
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Is it just me....I do not remember all the excitement about asst coaches when TT was hired. I know there was nothing about strength coaches. Don't get me wrong, I love it. I think everyone including myself thought TT was such a big hire that he would come in with everything taken care of from the start.

Comment

It's probably because Coach Fickell is having to build his staff from scratch. Tuberville, an established coach, brought a lot of his entourage with him from Texas.

Comment

Marcus Freeman is the DC.
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                    Strength and conditioning coaches are in the fold: http://footballscoop.com/strength-scoop/
                    When you learn from the best Mickey Mariotti at tOSU, you ought to be pretty good. Urban's staff is taking a hit from UC & UT. Took a **** of a hit from Clemson too.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                      Marcus Freeman is the DC.
                      I think we all suspected that.

Comment

Al Washington is coming from BC. He was the ST/DL coach there. BC fans are not happy about this.

http://www.bcinterruption.com/boston...nnati-bearcats
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

There's rumors out there that DeAngelo Smith might be headed here from Mich St. to coach DBs.
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

It's interesting as staff's come together as if Fickell succeeds in a big way and big $'s come courting i could see any of the Freeman, Denbrock or Phillips stepping into a head coaching role depending on how things develop and play out. It's a long way down the road, but there is flexibility and experience within this group. Obviously Freeman being the up and comer. Hopefully we have this issue as it only means things go well down the road.

Comment

John Tenuta coming over on defense according to BCL. Was last DC for UVA in 2015.

Al Washington will coach DL.
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Coaching scoop has Jon Tenuta joining the staff. He has been DC on 9 teams including tOSU years ago. Anybody know the scoop here? Lobot you just beat. LOL
                                Last edited by leo from jersey; 01-05-2017, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X