Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ucf 11/17 8:00 abc

Prime Time announced for Saturday.
    Last edited by Lobot; 11-11-2018, 02:26 PM.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

And we're getting College Gameday for this game as well. Finally. Huge thing for both programs.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
      And we're getting College Gameday for this game as well. Finally. Huge thing for both programs.

Yes. College Gameday will be there.

Comment

I want to see Lee Corso put on the Bearcat head.
        ...a fountain of eternal youth, a tower of strength, a rock of truth...

Comment

This is huge for our program. You know that Herbstreit is going to be talking a lot about UC since he knows the area and the program. The exposure for UC will be awesome. Even better if we pack the house for the game with UC fans. Show the bowl committees that we can still travel.

It will be incredible if we can pull out the win for this game. They play a high tempo offense that we have to be ready for on every snap. They usually run only a few seconds off of the play clock for each snap. I saw a Navy team that was consistently out of position on Defense due to not being ready for the snap on so many plays. It works really well for UCF, but if we can be ready, I think we can match up and play well against them. They also run an RPO option that can give a defense fits. The prep we did for the Navy game could come in handy for this game.

Comment

Weather shouldn't be an issue. High of 73 during afternoon, down to 54 in the wee hours of Sunday. Little chance of rain. Not overly humid. Good football weather.

Stadium sold out, UCF black out.

Comment

Did anyone notice during Monday Night Football the commercials for the UC - UCF game? They showed UCF as no. 12 but did not show UC as ranked. A little irritating to me.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
                Did anyone notice during Monday Night Football the commercials for the UC - UCF game? They showed UCF as no. 12 but did not show UC as ranked. A little irritating to me.
                That's because they are using the CFP rankings and not the AP/Coaches poll rankings. They may have to edit that commercial after tonight when the new CFP comes out.
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Herbstreit hates UC, he's not going to be saying anything good about us unless he has to. He might talk about CLF's time at OSU if anything. I hate Herbstreit he's 100% O$U brainwashed. The year when we were undefeated he was the only ESPN commentator consistently dogging on us being ranked too high and would never pick us to win.

Comment

Originally posted by Chewbacca2099 View Post
                    Herbstreit hates UC, he's not going to be saying anything good about us unless he has to. He might talk about CLF's time at OSU if anything. I hate Herbstreit he's 100% O$U brainwashed. The year when we were undefeated he was the only ESPN commentator consistently dogging on us being ranked too high and would never pick us to win.
                    Well, then, it will be a hate-a-thon. Posters at one of the UCF boards complain that Herbstreit hates them, too.

Comment

Everyone is paranoid. Just win baby! I could care less what any of the talking heads have to say. Herby is less prejudiced than Desmond and Corso is just brain dead. Ignore them all and win the game, then they'll come calling.

Comment

Herbstreit doesn't hate UC, he's just always been truthful, which is why OSU fans hate him. They think he should always blow sunshine up their buts and make the school look good because he's from there. But he tells it like it is, which doesn't always make people happy. He will have far more positive things to say about UC than negative things, I promise.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilenerm View Post
                          Herbstreit doesn't hate UC, he's just always been truthful, which is why OSU fans hate him. They think he should always blow sunshine up their buts and make the school look good because he's from there. But he tells it like it is, which doesn't always make people happy. He will have far more positive things to say about UC than negative things, I promise.
                          Spot on. I think he may be one of the best out there. Though at the end of the day it's still a bunch of people just giving opinions. And he seemed to be correct about the undefeated season unfortunately. Though Kelly skipping town and leaving no coaches surely affected that one. He'll talk up both teams otherwise there's no point in them going there. Should be a great atmosphere. Hopefully a bunch of UC fans can make the trip. Unfortunately I'm not one of them.
                          Go CATS!!!!

Comment

Raise your hand if you predicted at the beginning of the year we would finish with College Gameday? No one? Me neither! I feel like I remember we hoped they would come during the Tony Pike years, but we got passed over.

So here is a question, is getting on Gameday ever a bad thing? As a coach, would you secretly believe sometimes that your team is not quite ready for nationwide primetime? If we get blasted this week, would it have been better to be on ESPN2? Not making a prediction, just curious about your thoughts.

Comment

Litle G5 article mostly on UC AT UCF:

https://theathletic.com/652481/2018/...innati-nevada/
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X