No announcement yet.

Ucf 11/17 8:00 abc

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, Gameday is never a bad thing. That's the reason kids play the game. You think Warren or Wright or Broughton is not stoked about something like this? This is the spotlight you love.

Comment

Originally posted by UC4me View Post
      Raise your hand if you predicted at the beginning of the year we would finish with College Gameday? No one? Me neither! I feel like I remember we hoped they would come during the Tony Pike years, but we got passed over.

So here is a question, is getting on Gameday ever a bad thing? As a coach, would you secretly believe sometimes that your team is not quite ready for nationwide primetime? If we get blasted this week, would it have been better to be on ESPN2? Not making a prediction, just curious about your thoughts.
      We won't get blasted. I think that the networks are just "itching" for somebody to break UCF's 22 game winning streak.... they don't like having a non Power 5 team holding that honor.

B.C.

"A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

ESPN in particular would just love for us to knock off UCF, I think. That way the CFP folks don't have to listen to another year about them under ranking them in the poll.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

BOLD PREDICTION:

'Cats - 54
          Knights - 24
          Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

UCF reminds me of Baylor a few years ago under the Briles. They go deep often and score quickly. I think the key for us is going to be ball control on offense. If we can run the ball consistently we have a good chance. UCF will give up rushing yards on defense. If they choose to load the box like SMU did, it might open up the passing game a bit but I think the object is to keep their offense off the field as much as possible and not get discouraged if they score quickly.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

We need to win the turnover battle here. Extra possession for a team like this is the killer.

Comment

Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post
                BOLD PREDICTION:

'Cats - 54
                Knights - 24
                Man! THAT is a bold prediction. And I hope you are 1000% right! We are 7 point dawgs in this one, but I think we can win it. We need to get off the field on Defense and control the clock on offense like some of you have said. And, I think we can do that. I think we match up well against them, but we have to get our defense some rest with the high tempo offense they run.

UC - 34
                UCF - 28

BTW, the O/U is only 61

Comment

Line started at 8.5 and has now moved to UCF -7
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I almost never do this but think I have to...predict a loss for the Bearcats . I think this is going to be an interesting game but will be very tough to win on the road. UCF score a lot of points, but can also give it up. I do think the Bearcats could win but think they will lose in a high scoring game, 45-38.

Comment

One thing for certain is we are playing with the house's money at this point so we should be loose. No one expected the potential for double digits wins so they should do as their helmets say, just "let if fly".

Comment

It's going to be rocking in the stadium, especially at the start. Take care of the ball and get an early score and the Cats will be fine. That's no guarantee of a victory, but the longer UC remains in the game, the tighter that 22-game streak will get on the Knights,

Last score wins.

Comment

For what its worth...
                          http://www.espn.com/college-football...-12-game-picks
                          3 Reporters have UC picks to win.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilenerm View Post

Man! THAT is a bold prediction. And I hope you are 1000% right! We are 7 point dawgs in this one, but I think we can win it. We need to get off the field on Defense and control the clock on offense like some of you have said. And, I think we can do that. I think we match up well against them, but we have to get our defense some rest with the high tempo offense they run.

UC - 34
                            UCF - 28

BTW, the O/U is only 61
                            Originally posted by coach View Post
                            One thing for certain is we are playing with the house's money at this point so we should be loose. No one expected the potential for double digits wins so they should do as their helmets say, just "let if fly".
                            Love it, definitely, let it fly. The only way to stop a high tempo offense and stay fresh is to get a lot of 3 and outs. I little 4-4, a little 3-4/5 with safety, we can be a disruptive force on defense. I fell into the hype that our opponents just aren't that good, but the Navy game changed that. We shut them down and clamped down hard on USF.

I AM NOT SAYING OUR DEFENSE IS GREAT LIKE 'BAMA, BUT IT IS VERY, VERY GOOD.

Comment

Originally posted by Hotsauce6226 View Post
                              For what its worth...
                              http://www.espn.com/college-football...-12-game-picks
                              3 Reporters have UC picks to win.
                              All those picks have the margin of victory at 14 points or fewer. If those picks are accurate, it should be a great game. I don’t know what to think, as emotions run high in a game like this. Which ever team plays even keeled and does not get jacked up such that it messes up the play will likely win the game. I say the ‘Cats win a close one 27-24.

Comment

Just read an interesting point about which team will better handle the pressure of Prime Time and Game Day will win. The article didn't predict which team can do that. I believe Fickell gives the Bearcats an advantage. Luke's ecperiences in big games allows him to relate to the players as he gets them appropriately pumped up.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X