No announcement yet.

Sports shutdown tracking thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not playing is the safe thing to do because any risks, perceived risks, or actual COVID cases (unknown long term health effects, hospitalizations, or deaths) are cause for lawsuits. I wish there was a way to guarantee player safety and legally protect the schools by having players sign waivers, but just don't see it happening. I wish the AAC were amongst the few schools playing football this Fall along with the SEC, and possibly ACC and Big 12. A four conference race to the finish with conference championship games and each conference send thier top two teams to an eight game National Playoff bubble on an island in the Carribean. As much as I would've loved to see this year's special team, I want the pandemic to be over so we can go back to normal everyday acceptible risks in life.

Politics aside, once something reaches pandemic declaration, the acceptible risks go down until it is no longer a pandemic. Pandemics come and go. Pandemics do end. COVID will end too, just not in time for 2020.
    Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• Old Dominion becomes the next team to cancel all fall sports including football.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Welp, there went the Big 10, It’s official now. Season is canceled
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• PAC 12 too. Big Ten And Pac-12 Will Cancel Football Seasons On Tuesday

Comment

• Nebraska's Scott Frost is stating that they want to play the season regardless of the Big 10's decision to cancel. This might be posturing by Frost but if it's not we might gain that game back. Again, I think Nebraska brass will reign him in but a sliver of hope is there for this game.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Brain Hartline, who is not the Head Coach at tOSU, is going with the player anyone, anywhere mantra as well. Remains to be seen what Ryan Day and tOSU brass will say.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Meanwhile in my adopted Hometown, Mike Aresco is trying to hold the line.

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/co...lege-football/
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                  Brain Hartline, who is not the Head Coach at tOSU, is going with the play anyone, anywhere mantra as well. Remains to be seen what Ryan Day and tOSU brass will say.
                  Ryan Day is on board. Maybe we can get them to sign a deal
                  Last edited by Lobot; 08-10-2020, 05:40 PM.
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• The Mountain West has canceled the season
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Sun Belt and SEC stand firm on playing football this fall... as of now.

https://twitter.com/brett_mcmurphy/s...552195584?s=21

EDIT.

add conference USA minus OD to the list of schools planning on playing this fall.
                      https://twitter.com/brett_mcmurphy/s...794919425?s=21
                      Last edited by CincyBearcats2; 08-10-2020, 07:20 PM.

Comment

• I read something today that Ohio State, if the rest of the Big Ten doesn’t wanna play, may join the SEC for this season. That would be very entertaining.

What would be really cool would be if all the FBS teams that wanna play this year we’re all entered into a two and out tournament. That would be really fun, although the really bad teams would be gone after two games.

B.C.
                        "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

• I don’t know. From preliminary reports the Big Ten presidents voted to cancel the season with the exception of Iowa and Nebraska. If the OSU president says the season is cancelled, then it really doesn’t matter what Ryan Day says.
                          ...a fountain of eternal youth, a tower of strength, a rock of truth...

Comment

• https://twitter.com/jackpilgrimksr/s...061140994?s=10

AAC plans on playing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pharmfam View Post
                              I don’t know. From preliminary reports the Big Ten presidents voted to cancel the season with the exception of Iowa and Nebraska. If the OSU president says the season is cancelled, then it really doesn’t matter what Ryan Day says.
                              Exactly. Ryan Day doesn't get to make that decision
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• UMass has given up on the season.
                                Brent Wyrick
                                92 Final Four Front Row
                                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...