Sports shutdown tracking thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post
    Here's hoping we find at least one P5 non-conference game. We don't even have a G5 game now; conference only.

Did I miss announcement for AAC schedule or are we keeping same dates for remaining teams on schedule? No reshuffling or pushing start back 2-3 weeks?
    We're keeping the same dates. If they want to change it up they have until Aug 29 in week 0 when SMU plays a home game against Texas St. (Sun Belt) . SMU is going to try and play that game at 25% capacity.

This is from the AAC site from 8 days ago:

FOOTBALL
    In football, the plan calls for conference competition to begin Sept. 19 and for each of The American's teams to play eight conference games on their originally scheduled dates. Nonconference games may be played at the discretion of the individual schools, with the understanding that the opponents will strictly adhere to protocols and standards for testing, pregame, in-game and postgame operations set by The American's Medical Advisory Group. Depending on the need to potentially reschedule regular-season games, The American Football Championship will be played on either Dec. 5, 12 or 19 at the stadium of the regular-season champion. A decision regarding the date of the championship game will be made no earlier than Nov. 1.

Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• FIU has canceled fall sports. Affects UCF but not us
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• ACC meeting at 4:30. Hold on to your butts.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Per the Athletic, the OVC is canning fall sports. There goes the Austin Peay game.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• D1 is now out on fall championships. This does not affect football
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
              Per the Athletic, the OVC is canning fall sports. There goes the Austin Peay game.
              This was incorrect. The OVC is going to play 4 non conference games in the fall. Then they will try and play their conference schedule in the spring. Not sure how that's going to work out but ok. That means we're are good to go with Austin Peay.

This causes a couple of things. It keeps Austin Peay's athletic dept. afloat and puts a big dent in ours because this is a buy game for us. We likely would not have to pay out the money on the contract if the OVC had canceled football in the fall.

Does anyone know if Nebraska is going to pay us (anything) for the canceled buy game in Lincoln?
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

This was incorrect. The OVC is going to play 4 non conference games in the fall. Then they will try and play their conference schedule in the spring. Not sure how that's going to work out but ok. That means we're are good to go with Austin Peay.

This causes a couple of things. It keeps Austin Peay's athletic dept. afloat and puts a big dent in ours because this is a buy game for us. We likely would not have to pay out the money on the contract if the OVC had canceled football in the fall.

Does anyone know if Nebraska is going to pay us (anything) for the canceled buy game in Lincoln?
                Moving the game to Saturday 9.19 makes me suspect the networks had something to do with it. With all the conferences opting out of playing they are probably looking for games to broadcast. Maybe ESPN or CBS will cover the "pay out" and something extra to help with our expenses.

Comment

• Gee, what a winning situation for the OVC! They had several FBS schools on their schedule, so will collect some decent money. I believe the payout to them from UC is around $150K.

B.C.

"A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

• A Reds player tested +. Saturday game vs Pirates postponed. Sunday unknown. Contact tracing in progress.

Comment

• Let me start by saying I support postponing Fall sports at this time and hope that UC, the AAC, and the rest of college football keep a close eye on COVID on campus. That said, I hope the NCAA comes to it's collective senses and doesn't allow Fall sports to be played in the spring, then turn around and play again in Fall of 21. If the health and safety of the students is important enough to not play football this Fall, then asking them to play two seasons wort in one calendar year is completely irresponsible. As a fan, I hope we can play, but cannot ask students to play without a full offseason to recover. I just think it sends conflicting messages about how much schools care for student safety.
                      Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Wasn't the Nebraska a home and home series? If so, would that be a pay game for us?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gilenerm View Post

Wasn't the Nebraska a home and home series? If so, would that be a pay game for us?
                          You’re right. I must have been thinking about Arkansas when I wrote that.
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Tulsa announced Monday that it has paused football workouts indefinitely after eight players tested positive for the coronavirus.

Eight more players will be in quarantine for 14 days after having direct contact with those positive cases.

The Golden Hurricane are members of the American Athletic Conference, which is planning to play eight conference games this fall, with nonconference games at the discretion of the schools.

Tulsa is scheduled to open its season against Oklahoma State in Stillwater on Sept. 12
                            "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

• Does anyone know if UC has capability to use pcr and do in house saliva fast test that was developed at Yale. It's call SalivaDirect and looks to be fairly simple test as long as reagents are available. I'd love for the university to ise this test to test all students every 2-3 days and the nasal swab (aka brain tickle) only for people with cold/flu symptoms.
                              Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• I’ll have to look that one up. The fast saliva tests have, up to this point, had about a 50% error rate. I’m not sure if that particular test is better or not.
                                Brent Wyrick
                                92 Final Four Front Row
                                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X