Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• red_n_black_attack
    replied
    I'll believe it when I see it. I still think it should be closer to 32 teams. Move conference championship games to Thanksgiving weekend. Top 16 teams get a home game second weekend in Dec (traditional conference championship weekend). Losers of that first round can still go to one of the traditional lower tier bowl games, as can 40-60 other teams. The 16 team remaining playoff field plays first round at a Bowl Game mid December, then round of 8 at the four CFP major bowls New Year's Day. The round of four can be a held in some very warm bowls that rotate around many bowls for the semi-final, with the 5th CFP bowl city playing host to the championship. Bonus for tv, the network with conference contract rights gets to air the extra home game so only the round of 16 on goes into a new tv rights contract. Imagine #1 Alabama hosting a 16th ranked Oklahoma or Michigan, and the game is on CBS or #1Ohio State hosting a 16th ranked hosting 16th ranked Notre Dame or Miami, and the game is on Big Ten Network. ESPN for ACC, and Fox for Big 12, etc...

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Here's a better link :

https://theathletic.com/2547804/2021...ng-discussion/

Leave a comment:

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X