Polls 2021

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polls 2021

The USA Today Coaches preseason poll will release at Noon ET today.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

These are only predictions of how AP and Coaches will vote. Yes, this is exciting because the higher we start, and the higher our opponents start, such as ND, IU, and conference foes, the easier it is to climb into top 4, especially with victory after victory against those highly ranked opponents.

Cincinnati 8
    https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/a...25-2021-season

Cincinnati 11
    https://247sports.com/LongFormArticl.../#168695190_11

Cincinnati 8
    https://collegefootballnews.com/2021...GVVMWvK37M00q2

Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

And we are at #10.

https://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaa...22/2021-08-10/
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

AP pre season poll doesn't come out until next week by the way.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
          Notre Dame 7

Indiana 17

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post

Notre Dame 7

Indiana 17
            Beat ND and we were under-ranked, should've been 8th.

Lose to IU and we were over-ranked, should've been 81st.

Edit- add-n. Looking at that list of programs in the 11-21 range and they are all storied national brands except IU. That is an impressive list as we build our own national brand and story.
            Last edited by red_n_black_attack; 08-10-2021, 02:35 PM.

Comment

IU opens at Iowa on 9/4. If IU wins that one on the road they will jump after the initial poll. I've talked to some folks who know IU and ND pretty well and they feel IU is the better of the two. We'll see.

Comment

UCF at #34 (Sad Trombone)
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

UNC jumps 9 spots from end of 2020 poll,
                  leap frogging UC. Conference bias much?

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat93 View Post
                    UNC jumps 9 spots from end of 2020 poll,
                    leap frogging UC. Conference bias much?
                    I think that has more to do with QB hype. Much the same way pollsters are rewarding UC for starting to believe in Ridder, they believe in Sam Howell a little more. I'm okay with NC getting this jump and more upset about the blind faith in Notre Dame. ND lost a ton on defense and offense: too many losses to think they are number 7. I hope the Irish only lose that one game to us, but could easily see them with 3-4 losses

Comment

Pre-Season SP+ Rankings for every team from Bill Connelly. Unfortunately they put this behind the ESPN+ paywall ($).

We come in at #19.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...a-crimson-tide
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                        Pre-Season SP+ Rankings for every team from Bill Connelly. Unfortunately they put this behind the ESPN+ paywall ($).

We come in at #19.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...a-crimson-tide
                        I read the article. While the rating was 19.9 for the 2020 season, the ranking was #8. Alabama led with a rating of 35.6.

UC's offensive efficiency rank was #22, defensive #5, & special teams #49.

BYU ranked #7, while App State and CCU finished #24 & #25, respectively.

Comment

So UC is getting pre-season respect. Do we have a realistic shot to make CFP if we are undefeated? One of The athletic writer responded to a mailbag question about potential first time CFP candidates and he gave arguments for Texas A&"M and N Carolina. I know that this ranking and schedule gives the best set-up for any G5 team in CFP or BCS eras, but do we have a realistic shot even if we go undefeated?

Comment

Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post
                            So UC is getting pre-season respect. Do we have a realistic shot to make CFP if we are undefeated? One of The athletic writer responded to a mailbag question about potential first time CFP candidates and he gave arguments for Texas A&"M and N Carolina. I know that this ranking and schedule gives the best set-up for any G5 team in CFP or BCS eras, but do we have a realistic shot even if we go undefeated?
                            The $1M question. It depends on what those teams ahead of UC do and how the rest of UC’s opponents’ schedules end up. All UC can do is win the games one at a time and hope that it all works in its favor. I know if UC does finish the regular season undefeated there is no doubt it should be in but I am not a CFP member. Go Bearcats!!

Comment

Throwing a curve into this is how the Committee would address teams with Covid forfeit losses. I think all the conferences are going with forfeits instead of no contests this year. There's a real possibility that the SEC could lose multiple teams to this issue.
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X