No announcement yet.

Polls 2021

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CFP rankings come out at 7:00 on Tuesday night.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Genester View Post

It’s pretty clearly a satirical take by ESPN.
      Yeah, when I saw TAMU I figured that. I just don't see Oklahoma playing better, heck the Big 10 play isn't impressive either. PSU goes 9OT against Illinois at home, then loses to Ohio State by 9 in Cbus, MSU beats Indiana by 5 and Michigan by 4. How are the top teams better than the bottom ones? Are they that much better than UC?
      Josh Rexhausen
      CE'99

Comment

• We kept #2 in the coaches poll but lost more votes and Bama is hot on our heals

Comment

• Here's the whole thing. Unchanged Top 5. Houston and SMU are now both in the poll.

https://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaa.../coaches-poll/
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Still #2 in the AP.

https://apnews.com/hub/ap-top-25-college-football-poll
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• The Bengals were playing really well and lost to the Jets. Even pro teams don't play well sometimes. Lets all remember that when judging what we see in our Bearcats.
              Josh Rexhausen
              CE'99

Comment

• Of course the ESPN article shows bias.... Georgia in, Alabama in, and tosu in. Imagine that, another year of bama and osu.

Comment

• Just looking at the top 10, rank the best wins of those teams.
                  Georgia won at Auburn 34-10 who also lost at Penn St
                  Cincinnati won at ND 24-11
                  Alabama beat Ole Miss 42-21 who also lost at Auburn
                  Oklahoma hasn't beat anyone receiving votes.
                  Ohio St beat Penn St 33-24 who also lost to Illinois
                  Mich St beat Michigan 37-33
                  Oregon won at Ohio St 35-28
                  ND won at Wisconsin 41-13 who also lost to Penn St
                  Michigan won at Wisconsin 38-17
                  WF won at Virginia 37-17 who also lost at UNC
                  Ok St beat Baylor 24-14

Based on rankings UC has the 4th best win and judging by best wins there is only one team that is out of place.
                  Last edited by Josh Rexhausen; 11-01-2021, 07:26 AM. Reason: Spelling
                  Josh Rexhausen
                  CE'99

Comment

• https://twitter.com/cjogara/status/1455194737523232769

"Cincinnati has a road win by double digits against a team currently ranked in the AP Top 10. Nobody else in America can claim that. Yet some of y'all act like the Bearcats are playing in the MEAC."

Comment

• Originally posted by Josh Rexhausen View Post
                      Just looking at the top 10, rank the best wins of those teams.

Based on rankings UC has the 4th best win and judging by best wins there is only one team that is out of place.

Again, I am a UC alum and a homer for sure, but I don't think it's reasonable to compare only the top win of each of the contenders. Yes, @ND is a great win, but compare these 3 teams who are all undefeated. This is the strength ranking of each team's wins:

Team A: (4, 42, 43, 69, 75, 79, 90, FCS)
                      Team B: (8, 56, 79, 84, 102, 106, 122, FCS)
                      Team C: (22, 32, 43, 45, 64, 66, 106, 124)

Source https://cfpresumerankings.wordpress....sume-rankings/

To me, it's fairly clear that C > B > A in terms of overall strength of wins. Of course this is also a fairly simplistic viewpoint that doesn't show things like whether these were home / road, margin of victory / etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
                        Of course the ESPN article shows bias.... Georgia in, Alabama in, and tosu in. Imagine that, another year of bama and osu.
                        If Ohio State beats both Mich State and Mich, and wins the Big 10 championship, it's hard to argue against them.
                        I could argue against Alabama if Georgia beats them convincingly.
                        Last edited by Oldtimer_UC_fan; 11-01-2021, 03:21 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oldtimer_UC_fan View Post

If Ohio State beats both Mich State and Mich, and wins the Big 10 championship, it's hard to argue against them.
                          I could argue against Alabama if Georgia beats them convincingly.
                          In a few weeks, I could see tosu in there. OR if they were giving them a percent chance of being included. tosu must win out to be in (the two loss rule). Bama has to win out as well (the two loss rule). The point was, that at this time, I do not believe that either should be included and that they are listed as being in is just a sign of bias. I would say that if either MSU or UM win out, that they could also be included. Keep in mind, when I say win out, I mean winning their conference championship game as well. I do suspect that tosu will win out but that is not a given. I also remember a year when tosu did not even make their conference championship game and was still in the CFP. I still do not understand that a team can be included and no other team in the conference be included if you are not even in your conference championship game (they did not win their division and they did not win their conference). I actually hope that MSU wins out, UM beats tosu, and PSU beats UM. There is still a lot of football to be played in the B1G east division.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post

In a few weeks, I could see tosu in there. OR if they were giving them a percent chance of being included. tosu must win out to be in (the two loss rule). Bama has to win out as well (the two loss rule). The point was, that at this time, I do not believe that either should be included and that they are listed as being in is just a sign of bias. I would say that if either MSU or UM win out, that they could also be included. Keep in mind, when I say win out, I mean winning their conference championship game as well. I do suspect that tosu will win out but that is not a given. I also remember a year when tosu did not even make their conference championship game and was still in the CFP. I still do not understand that a team can be included and no other team in the conference be included if you are not even in your conference championship game (they did not win their division and they did not win their conference). I actually hope that MSU wins out, UM beats tosu, and PSU beats UM. There is still a lot of football to be played in the B1G east division.
                            I could never root for Michigan, regardless. My son is a big Buckeye fan. I'm hoping both UC and them make it. It would be interesting if they play one another.

Comment

• Rotten Eggs in the face to Mark Schlabach
                              https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...orgia-wrong-qb

Comment

• I think Justin Williams was first here but everybody’s reporting that ESPN wanted Desmond Ridder for an interview during the CFP and Des declined.

I think that’s probably a smart move.

ESPN’s narrative this week and the appearance of Gameday is all just a ratings grab by the network. I get it because it’s a business but Desmond is rightfully focused on Tulsa prep.
                                Brent Wyrick
                                92 Final Four Front Row
                                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X