Polls 2021

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cafemerald View Post
    Thats why everyone needs to say **** espn and not show up.
    Don't you think the program, the school and the city needs the exposure. There is a need to show that there is more than one team in Ohio.

Comment

• F__k the CFP committee. It's all ********. It's all driven by $$$$$$$. If UC wins out they will crack the playoffs because Oregon, Mich St & either Georgia or Alabama will lose.
      Let's win each game & see how it plays out. So far this is UC's best season ever & let's not let the idiot CFP committee ruin this for us.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearcatjd View Post
        F__k the CFP committee. It's all ********. It's all driven by $$$$$$$. If UC wins out they will crack the playoffs because Oregon, Mich St & either Georgia or Alabama will lose.
        Let's win each game & see how it plays out. So far this is UC's best season ever & let's not let the idiot CFP committee ruin this for us.
        we need Georgia to win out, if Georgia loses to Alabama I guarantee they will both get in... MSU will probably lose though but they will just swap them with Ohio State or Michigan. We need Oregon to lose again. It's a joke they made the top 4 with a bad Stanford loss.

Oregon is really the biggest problem here. Their schedule is even softer than ours yet ranked higher because the committee wants to ensure we don't get in. I don't see them losing so they will take our spot unless we get a lot of upsets.
        Last edited by Chewbacca2099; 11-03-2021, 09:28 AM.

Comment

• I'm not worried about MSU. I'm a lifelong MSU fan but they are not that good. I'm thinking they will lose at least 2 more games and OSU will get the lone BIG10 seat at the table. Obviously for us to have a chance, Oklahoma and Oregon need to lose which is very possible. By putting Alabama two, Alabama will have a very good chance of getting in even if they lose to GA if it's a close hard fought game. We need Georgia to win handily which I don't think is going to happen unfortunately.

Comment

• Hey guys, calm down. We always needed some help to get into top 4 of the final ranking. I Bama beats Georgia, Oh St or MSU wins out, and Oregon or OU or WF wins out, we would not make it. I'd rather make the top 4 in the final ranking than make it now and get dropped later. Call it respect or whatever, but if the teams ahead of us win out (except Georgia losing to Bama) then they would be in the top 4 of final ranking. Let's keep rooting for UC wins and some combination of Bama losses, Oregon/OU/WF losses. The Big ten will sort itself out with head-to-head play.

The goal is to make the Playoff, not to be ranked top 4 at some point in the process.
            Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• Chewbacca is correct, Oregon is the odd one here. Everyone knows that this entire enterprise is dollar driven and so Oregon gets a bid only because of their past history and their geographic location. This assures a more inclusive national audience as opposed to all schools being in the Midwest. There's no other way else to explain an underachieving Oregon team getting in. Imop UC nor any other G5 team will ever get in the CFP with just a couple wins over power conference schools. The (Dons) yes I said it, that control the NCAA will never allow it to happen. Espn is not the problem ( merely the enabler and facilitator) in all this, the real problem is the mob mentality and monopoly that exist that presently is the NCAA.

Comment

• The morning after - here are some clips from Wednesday morning ESPN segments about UC:

Get Up https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUKp7kZy1wA
                Keyshawn JWill & Max https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2sfHZleBps

Comment

• If you haven't read this one from our old Big East friend Andrea Adelson, give it a read. She echoes my sentiment which is keep winning and hope for chaos above us.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...ply-unbearable
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• I believe that the Committee is ranking teams on the eye test, with an eye towards the future. Looking at Bama, they believe they should beat anyone on their schedule and are likely the only team to give Georgia a close game or have a chance to win. Looking at Oregon, the committee is thinking Oregon will beat everyone on their schedule and win the PAC CCG, so the win over Oh St has to count for a 12-1 team. The same for UC, we should win out and are in line for a CFP spot if teams above them stumble. Regarding OU 8 and WF 9, I think the Committee is saying they won't win out. Call it the eye test futures predictor. As for the rest of the teams in the top 15 or so, they got it fairly right.

While OU at 8 is dumb, not ranking UTSA is dumber. There is no way the three loss Big 10 West teams will end up winning out, but should garner around the 20 spot if they do. Maybe that means UTSA is poised to climb into the rankings when those teams knock each other out. Still, not having UTSA in the 25 ranked teams is a significant miss.
                    Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• I live in GA and watch a lot of SEC games. During the Auburn-Ole Miss game, the announcer (maybe Gary Danielson) said that Auburn controls its own destiny. Check it out. If Auburn beats Alabama at Auburn in the last regular season game of their year, Auburn will go to the SEC championship game, not Alabama. Auburn beats Alabama some years, even when Alabama has a better team, especially when playing at home. That will knock Alabama out of the playoffs. Auburn will lose to GA and only one SEC team will be in the playoffs.

Comment

• I still have hope that things will work out for the Bearcats as the schedule for all 6 teams play out...a good read on the RINGER:
                        https://www.theringer.com/2021/11/3/...-bad-discourse

Comment

• Via Pete Thamel: UCF coach Gus Malzahn is ticked Cincinnati started the CFP rankings No. 6. Cincy beat UCF 56-21 earlier this year. Malzahn to @YahooSports: “I’ve played UGA and Bama every year. I know exactly what it looks like. They’re right there. They’re a team that can win the whole thing.”

Comment

• Here's a good opinion piece from theathletic.com ($) on the current unfairness of the CFP process. There's a good take on the argument that G5 programs would be blown out.

https://theathletic.com/2931163/2021...s-meaningless/

Comment

• Here's a look at the finances behind the CFP committee from Brian Fox at Bearcats Sports Radio. The thread is a bit convoluted but but there's some good stuff on Gary Barta in here.

https://twitter.com/BearcatsRadio/st...79444506992645
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• I was hoping the Huskers and Coach Frost could help us out today, but Nebraska's kicker can't hit a 31-yard FG...looks like Nebraska heading for another one of those painful close losses...this time to O$U. There's still time in the game though for a late miracle.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X