Polls 2021

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Josh Rexhausen View Post

Pretty sure we can call this game. How is the committee going to keep UC out of the top four this week? Looking for serious responses.
    The reason we would not be in the top 4 is $$$$$$$. Lee Corso a few weeks earlier stated we should be considered. Then he does an about face
    & states ND should be in after we beat them in South Bend. I believe, Corso had to say this to keep his job. Again $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Comment

• Maybe I'm not sufficiently jaded, but I am expecting we will be in the Top 4

1. Georgia
      2. Ohio State
      3. Alabama
      4. UC
      5. Michigan
      6/7. Notre Dame / Oklahoma State

Comment

• Originally posted by bearcatjd View Post
        The reason we would not be in the top 4 is $$$$$$$. Lee Corso a few weeks earlier stated we should be considered. Then he does an about face
        & states ND should be in after we beat them in South Bend. I believe, Corso had to say this to keep his job. Again $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.
        The job of the talking heads is to generate controversy which leads to ratings and advertising $$$$ in the end, Like you said.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• An interesting read about UC's chances and how the committee has been fair. College Football Playoff: Cincinnati’s rankings by the committee have been fair. (slate.com)

Comment

• Coaches poll is out. Down to #4

https://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaa...22/2021-11-21/
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Also #4 in the AP where OSU has jumped Bama and UC.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• And ND sneaking up to number 5.

Comment

• Oh sure its impressive to beat an overrated team at home and keep an overrated team who barely beats a top 25 team at home above UC.
                  Josh Rexhausen
                  CE'99

Comment

• Thinking this through a bit, I still can't come up with a logical reason UC doesn't get in if they have a dominate win over ECU and/or play well next week. I think that may be more of a key than people are talking about, but the Committee prob wants to see that this is the same team who cleanly beat a top 10 ND team on the road, who are now knocking on the door again as well it looks like.

So a consistent effort 2 weeks in a row may go a long way to convince them of that, that the 2 "close" games were abberations and not the new norm etc..,

And this isn't a UCF team, it's a roster filled with high level NFL talent, on par with any top 5 school right now.

So yes, if they do not get in given the above, this week or next, I can't help but to believe it's simply a $ thing.

Comment

• It may be about the big schools keeping all of the money to themselves. However, one must remember that the UC-Georgia game was the highest viewed bowl game last year. So if it is about TV rankings, one would think that the networks would be pushing for the Bearcats to be in it. Everyone out there is tired of the same 4-6 teams in it and they are even more tired of seeing the 1 sead killing the 4 and the 2 sead killing the 3. If Georgia is going to crush anyone, why not let it be a new comer?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                        We can see where this is going.

Comment

• Originally posted by longtimefan View Post

We can see where this is going.
                          Yes we can and when ND jumps us I'm going to be livid.
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

That would be a crock of s**t.

Comment

Livid won't begin to describe it after repeatedly expressing the value of head-to-head matchups in explaining earlier inexplicable rankings.
                              Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post

UC does not have a quality loss like the rest of them. lol.
                                Columbus College's Quality Loss took a serious hit Saturday.

Cincinnati's non conference SOS is up to #7 in the country.

Miami is one win away from the MAC Championship appearance.
                                Josh Rexhausen
                                CE'99

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X