Coaching Carousel '21-22

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
    Miami may be targeting Oregon's Mario Cristobal https://twitter.com/AndySlater/statu...37509967593484
    This one will be fun. No AD in place. Sitting head coach that didn’t resign. Everybody in the city is a cook in the kitchen for this one.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post

This one will be fun. No AD in place. Sitting head coach that didn’t resign. Everybody in the city is a cook in the kitchen for this one.
      Spoke too soon. They just hired Clemson’s AD
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Not sure what to make of this-my heart wants to believe CFL that no conversations with anyone have happened, and that no one could make this major of a coaching hhttps://www.si.com/college/oklahoma/football/oklahoma-planning-introductory-press-conference-for-new-head-coachire by Monday after waiting until tonight to start talking, so maybe they have settled on Matt Campbell etc...but my head reminds me that we have seen this show before here and elsewhere. #sosickofthisnonsense #gobearcatsbeateverybody

https://www.si.com/college/oklahoma/...new-head-coach

Comment

• Originally posted by Longtime Lurker View Post
          my heart wants to believe CFL[/url]
          I hate auto(in)correct.

I think it would hurt more for him to leave for Oklahoma after we just watched the tidal wave crash from ND knowing his ties to the Midwest and I remember the feeling after 12 years ago. I actually don't remember thinking ahead of time that BK was going to leave, maybe that is a mental block on my part.
          Josh Rexhausen
          CE'99

Comment

• I've heard rumors that FIckell did not want to talk to anyone unitil after the season was over and that removed him from the shortlists of several schools that were in coaching search mode. Most of the those schools wanted to get a coach in place prior to the early Signing Day. How many of those may have contained serious offers for FIckell, I really don't know right now. I think if you're USC and ND you try and talk to him and I suspect they did.

As of right now I'm not worried about Oklahoma. Will they approach Luke? They probably should but I don't know that they will becuase they want to have someone in place after this weekend. If we were to lose today I'd worry about Oklahoma a little bit.

I think Luke and his family are happy here and his new agent is going to get him paid on the next round of contract negotiations. That money will come primarily from UCATS members and not from the AD budget. This is a good thing because the Big XII money hasn't started flowing yet.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• There's a nice video of Note Dame players reacting to their new head coach. https://twitter.com/NDFootball/statu...563904519?s=20

Last edited by Carin's Dad; 12-04-2021, 10:37 PM.

Comment

• Sounds like things are heating up with Clemson coordinator Brent Venables to Oklahoma

Comment

Sounds like things are heating up with Clemson coordinator Brent Venables to Oklahoma
                  Done deal per Thamel and other sources
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Oh no, Fickell is going to the Detroit Lions. Before you get your panties in a bind, this was last year and he was not interested.
                    Report: Lions ‘quietly’ pursued University of Cincinnati coach Luke Fickell before hiring Dan Campbell - mlive.com
                    Report: Lions interviewed Cincinnati coach Luke Fickell last year (usatoday.com)
                    Should the Lions have hired Luke Fickell instead of Dan Campbell? (sidelionreport.com)

Comment

• Diaz out at Miami, which is pursuing Oregon's Cristobal
                      https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-mia...154437408.html

Comment

• Cristobal to Miami done deal!

Comment

• Oregon is now open

Comment

• Originally posted by gobearcats1 View Post
                            Oregon is now open
                            Not worried about Oregon. Luke is a mid-west guy. Plus, I can't see him leaving until after New Year's Eve, and most schools won't wait that long.

Comment

Adam Rittenberg/Chris Low of ESPN reporting Steve Addazio has been fired by Colorado State after two seasons. He was formerly at Boston College and was the coach when UC crushed them in the 2019 Birmingham Bowl. I believe Butch Jones may have been a CSU candidate before Addazio was hired.
                              Nevada's Jay Norvell to CSU

Comment

• LSU Coaches Roster. LSU football coaching staff 2022: Full roster of coaches as Brian Kelly compiles first staff at LSU (yahoo.com)

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X