No announcement yet.

Coaching Carousel '21-22

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LSU is officially open in 2022. Ross Delenger reports Orgeron is out at the end of the year.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Texas Tech is open as well

Comment

I forgot to add Washington State and UConn to the list
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
          Texas Tech is open as well
          Sonny Dykes at SMU should be at the top of the list for this one.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post

Sonny Dykes at SMU should be at the top of the list for this one.
            He grew up in Lubbock. His dad, Spike, was head coach at TTU. Sonny played baseball for TTU, and was once the football co-HC there.

Comment

Football Scoop on USC https://footballscoop.com/news/updat...chris-petersen

Comment

Firing a 5-3 coach whose last game was a one point loss is why coaches get paid big money. The careers are not all as long as JoePa, Bo, Bobby Bowden, or Nick Saban. It is also one side of the argument that Luke could be in Clifton for a long time. Leaving a good thing to rebuild is tough and not guaranteed to succeed. Of course the flip side says grab as much money as you can because it may not last.

Luke doesn't come off as a flip side guy.
                Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

I saw this earlier but haven't watched the video and my first question is how close is Carson Palmer to the search. The last somebody broke something like this on Dan Patrick's show (Dave Wannstedt at FOX) they got it completely wrong.
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post

I saw this earlier but haven't watched the video and my first question is how close is Carson Palmer to the search. The last somebody broke something like this on Dan Patrick's show (Dave Wannstedt at FOX) they got it completely wrong.
                    It sounded like Palmer has definitely been involved in some conversations. But also just because they may have interest in Tomlin, does not mean the interest is mutual. ... worth a watch just for the part when Carson realizes he probably said more than he should have.

Separately, also shared the link from FS which mentioned both James Franklin and Chris Petersen as being on Bohn's radar.

Comment

It sounded like Palmer has definitely been involved in some conversations. But also just because they may have interest in Tomlin, does not mean the interest is mutual. ... worth a watch just for the part when Carson realizes he probably said more than he should have.

Separately, also shared the link from FS which mentioned both James Franklin and Chris Petersen as being on Bohn's radar.
                      Carson also said that he is "as involved in the search as they will let me be". One can assume that means Bohn and the search team. My takeaway from that is, he is feeding info to the search team, but it likely isn't being shared back. The team is happy to listen and discuss candidates, but isn't telling Carson if there are other candidates or communications between team and Bohn or the school/Bohn and the candidate. It has some merit that the list is who's who on their radar, but not necessarily who is in the running to be offered or interested in accepting the job.
                      Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

ESPN's Brooke Pryor: Tomlin on USC rumors "I don't have time for that speculation. That's a joke to me. I've of one of the best job in all of professional sport. Why would I have any interest in coaching college football? Never say never.But never. There's not a booster with a big enough blank check"

Comment

ESPN's Brooke Pryor: Tomlin on USC rumors "I don't have time for that speculation. That's a joke to me. I've of one of the best job in all of professional sport. Why would I have any interest in coaching college football? Never say never.But never. There's not a booster with a big enough blank check"
                          Video is better https://twitter.com/BillyM_91/status...37319351635976

Comment

Looks more like Palmer trying to launch a career in tv.

Comment

Lobot mentioned in the Fickell thread recently that he is now apparently repped by Jimmy Sexton. Well, so is James Franklin now too.

(And to be clear, Fickell is represented by Sexton, not Lobot ... I'm assuming haha)

Comment

TCU just came open in a shocker. Patterson is out.

Sonny Dykes now has options.
                                Brent Wyrick
                                92 Final Four Front Row
                                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X