No announcement yet.

Coaching Carousel '21-22

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Athletic is reporting LSU is after BK. Let’s hope that doesn’t happen.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

DeBoer to Washington is a done deal per Pete Thamel
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Thamel— Sources: LSU is expecting to hire Notre Dame’s Brian Kelly as the school’s next head coach. An announcement could come as early as tomorrow.

Comment

I wonder if LSU has always been his dream job? Maybe he can accept the job this week and then leave ND hanging without any coaches for their bowl game.

Comment

Thamel now reporting Kelly is headed to LSU.

this obviously opens ND but the question is Freeman or Fickell
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Bye bye fickel?
              "Lets do 10 shots of Jose before the EKU game!!!!"

-Source Unknown

Comment

Matt Campbell is also in play here as is Urban Meyer.

Personally I think Urban would be a terrible hire for ND. Kelly has tabbed Marcus Freeman as heir apparent.

The question might be more if Fickell leaves for South Bend does Freeman return to UC or stay at ND.
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
                  I wonder if LSU has always been his dream job? Maybe he can accept the job this week and then leave ND hanging without any coaches for their bowl game.

I had the same thought. His words still echoing as he rushed out the door to sign ND's contract. Brian Kelly's dream job is the one who has the biggest wad of cash. And if its true ND attempts to steal from UC again I think that would be the very lowest of sleazy moves.
                  Last edited by Rufus; 11-29-2021, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Wow. Just wow. I really thought we had dodged the bullet again for one more year. This will massively disrupt the focus of our team heading into the latest version of "most important game in UC history" unless coach comes right out and says "I am staying no matter what". What a shame. Why in the world would Kelly leave? He might just screw over UC twice at critical times.

Comment

• Fickell to ND would make too much sense. But the timing? Not so fast. I just really have a hard time seeing him bail now, and I'm not sure IF THEY WIN against Houston and get into the playoffs, that he can be non-committal and play coy over the next month in press conferences (while secretly having something in place for after the playoff). Too much distraction. After what he's been through with this group and what he has personally achieved at UC, sure you could leverage that, but man, that would be tough to walk away from and burn down his reputation along the way. Typing off the cuff, hopefully that makes sense. In short, Fick to ND makes a lot of sense but terrible timing and if he is who we think he is/is as loyal as he would seem to be (remember he stuck around at OSU to coach his guys even after hired by UC), maybe it's something he's gotta turn down and stay in the 513.

Comment

• Pete Sampson (ND beat writer for The Athletic) says, if ND has to make a move, sources indicate some decision-makers would be interested in elevating Marcus Freeman

Another ND insider likes Freeman and says players/recruits would be on board https://twitter.com/TomLoy247/status...00155180896258
                        Last edited by GoBearcats31; 11-29-2021, 10:05 PM.

Comment

• Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
                          Josh Rexhausen
                          CE'99

Comment

• Kelly gets revenge on UC for beating him this year, by leaving and creating much speculation about CLF going to Notre Dame.
                            I hate to say it folks, but I can see that happening with CLF going up there joining Freeman. His stock as a coach will never be higher than it is right now.

B.C.

"A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

• Lots of push both in and outside of ND for Marcus Freeman here.

Kelly’s contract at LSU is 10 years 100M which is in line with Lincoln Riley’s contract which is supposedly 110M over 10(?).

You can trace all this back to Jimmy Sexton and Mel Tucker’s contract at MSU.

I’m just going to be honest. Sexton is going to get Fickell paid and UC can’t afford it.
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• The jobs are filling up quickly. Where will Fickell go to get paid what he is worth? OK?

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X