Coaching Carousel '21-22

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by London 'Cat View Post
    The jobs are filling up quickly. Where will Fickell go to get paid what he is worth? OK?
    Oklahoma is a done deal for Brent Venables per a couple of sources, so it won’t be there.

ND could go a different way but there’s also the rumor of Ryan Day heading to the Chicago Bears to worry about.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Does anyone know if Fickell is Catholic? That could play a role.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carin's Dad View Post
        Does anyone know if Fickell is Catholic? That could play a role.
        Fickell is Catholic, Let see if Fickell is really what he is made of, Is he more about TEAM as he often preaches or individual? My gut says he does not leave this team hanging. He has accomplished too much and I think he is much classier than Kelly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post

Oklahoma is a done deal for Brent Venables per a couple of sources, so it won’t be there.

ND could go a different way but there’s also the rumor of Ryan Day heading to the Chicago Bears to worry about.
          Funny the good folks at WKRC tweeted Fickell as the next Oklahoma coach. Wrong as usual.
          Last edited by longtimefan; 11-29-2021, 11:58 PM.

Comment

• If Fickell leaves look for UC to get bumped out of the CFP. They want the best four teams at the end of the season. Hard to argue a team with no coaching staff as one of the best four.

Comment

• I hope all this discussion doesn’t cause us to lose the game against Houston this Saturday. Look how SMU played after their coach was in talks to leave.

B.C.
              "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

• I guess even "Dream jobs" get stale. I see this as a bit of a slight to Notre Dame but then again.. it's LSU..

Comment

• I noticed BDF already earns more per year than Kelly. What other means was Kelly getting besides base pay? Seems low for Notre Dame.

Comment

• I think and hope that the thing that will keep Coach Fick here is mainly his word which is unheard of in this day and age. But if he can take a non power conference team to the Playoffs, making history in the process, just think of what that would do for recruit g to UC. Throw in the move to the BIG 12 and possible expanded playoffs which both help with a path to the playoffs in the future. But will UC be willing to compensate him for staying? I just hope that he can keep this team focused for our next game with all of the chatter.

Comment

• Originally posted by LetsGoCats View Post
                      I noticed BDF already earns more per year than Kelly. What other means was Kelly getting besides base pay? Seems low for Notre Dame.
                      A percentage of the collections from Mass?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearcat Chris View Post
                        I hope all this discussion doesn’t cause us to lose the game against Houston this Saturday. Look how SMU played after their coach was in talks to leave.

B.C.
                        Many on the biggest UH board are pushing news that Fickell is leaving, for that very reason.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Burk View Post
                          I think and hope that the thing that will keep Coach Fick here is mainly his word which is unheard of in this day and age. But if he can take a non power conference team to the Playoffs, making history in the process, just think of what that would do for recruit g to UC. Throw in the move to the BIG 12 and possible expanded playoffs which both help with a path to the playoffs in the future. But will UC be willing to compensate him for staying? I just hope that he can keep this team focused for our next game with all of the chatter.
                          No doubt he’ll be in for a big raise if he stays at UC, with lots more money coming in from a playoff appearance and move to the Big 12. The question now is what he values most.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearcat Chris View Post
                            Kelly gets revenge on UC for beating him this year, by leaving and creating much speculation about CLF going to Notre Dame.
                            I hate to say it folks, but I can see that happening with CLF going up there joining Freeman. His stock as a coach will never be higher than it is right now.

B.C.

I'd bet my big dollars Freeman is the next coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by coach View Post

I'd bet my big dollars Freeman is the next coach.
                              Of which team?

Comment

• One possibility at ND. He could save face due to his problems in the pros and have a plumb job. Urban Meyer - either ND or OSU My wife has some insight into ND and she made that suggestion.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X