Coaching Carousel '21-22

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RedDog View Post

I was thinking the same thing. Luke is probably headed to o$u, Freeman will get ND. I would love to have either but that's how I see the chips falling. Gino might be a viable option.
    If Fick can guide the guys to a win Saturday, and keep them focused for a bowl game, it will be an unbelievable accomplishment and unheard of in these selfish and money grabbing times. He has more class than most of these bozos and certainly more compassion and respect for players and schools. Lets hope we can commit to facilities upgrades and sweeten the pot for him to stay but $ is not his driving factor and it will be hard for him to pass on lifetime ambitions. It would also be hard for him to stay for a month until bowl games are over but whatever he does I expect to be handled as well as possible and with regard for all others involved and not just himself. This could exclude him from opportunities but either they really want him and will wait or he sees it through out of commitment and integrity. I have a big worry about losing recruits and transfers in addition to this large senior class. Freeman would be best qualified to stop that bleeding and get us back to where we want to be but a couple year drop off is inevitable. If Fick stays, it would be the ultimate defiance of regrettable industry trends and the most respectable decision imaginable. Lets pray it happens, hope we can stay focused to finish the job either way, but its hard not to envision our situation without his leadership.
    Are you forecasting the O$U job to be open soon? I too see Marcus getting the ND job, but don't see Day going anywhere in the next year or two.
    Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• Kliff Kingsbury leaving the NFL to coach college team?

Comment

• Originally posted by fmirzamd View Post
        Some new drama arises in the college football news. The rumor is that NFL franchise, Arizona Cardinals’ head coach Kliff Kingsbury, will replace Brian Kelly. Notre Dame Fighting Irish football team has targeted Kingsbury to become the next head coach.
        Why in the world would Cliff Kingsbury, coach of the current top seeded AZ Cardinals in the NFL, be interested in a step down to college? Makes no sense. What am I missing?

Comment

• ND more stable than NFL coaching job,

Comment

• Bruce Feldman reporting that Akron is expected to hire Oregon OC Joe Moorhead as head coach

Comment

• Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

Are you forecasting the O$U job to be open soon? I too see Marcus getting the ND job, but don't see Day going anywhere in the next year or two.
              Supposedly Days name is out there as Chicago Bears replacement. Fick would probably be first choice if that happened and he might be waiting for that domino before a ND commitment. Freeman would be an o$u candidate also, plus a huge LSU salary to follow scum bag there and be DQ. Probably more than we could pay for HC. That might not happen as supposedly Freeman ripped Kelly a new one in their exit meeting with the players, further endearing himself with the team.
              I too don't get the Kingsbury option??? Why leave what might be the best NFL team to go back to college and deal with boosters and pampered 18 year olds?

Comment

• The Arizona Cardinals are 9-2, just stop with any Kliff Kingsbury discussion

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearcat Chris View Post
                  He has NOT made a clear, definite statement that he is staying, and NOT interested in ND, or any other job.

The longer the ND job stays open (remember early signing date is just two weeks off), the more likely he will take the job. He will not desert the team like BK did in 2009.

B.C.
                  This bothers me. I know coaches come and go and a contract around $10M per year is hard to turn down. Luke is only human. If we win this weekend, he stays. If we lose, all bets are off because along with losing a potential spot in the CFP, we will also lose any chance of a good bowl game. Sad. I so hope I am wrong and he stays around and we become the class of the Big 12.

Comment

• Yahoo's College Football Enquirer podcast with Thamel, Forde, Wetzel (released late last night) -- discuss Notre Dame opening around 5 min mark
                    https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...r/id1423417914

Comment

• The Ripple Effects of the Wildest Coaching Carousel in College Football History - The Ringer
                      This is an interesting read about the coaching carousel. Kelly is mentioned and so is CLF. He does mention that college coaches are making more now than pro coaches.

Comment

• ESPN's Heather Dinich:

ND AD Jack Swarbrick is not here at the CFP expansion meeting. Can confirm @TheAthleticCFB report Swarbrick is meeting w/ DC Marcus Freeman today.

Comment

• Originally posted by gobearcats1 View Post
                          Fickell is likely gone, this hurts! https://twitter.com/dennisdoddcbs/st...7Ctwgr%5Etweet
                          maybe I'm to lazy to check but how many catholic high school kids from cincy are on our team? Im thinking thats a dig at UC keeping these kids home and not sending them to ND with BDF.

Comment

• Originally posted by LetsGoCats View Post

maybe I'm to lazy to check but how many catholic high school kids from cincy are on our team? Im thinking thats a dig at UC keeping these kids home and not sending them to ND with BDF.
                            A quick skim and I see eight - four from La Salle, three from Moeller (one being Landon Fickell), and one from St. X. It's possible some of those aren't even scholarship players. Most of our local talent comes from the public schools around the area.

Comment

• I think the comment was more an indictment of Kelly not grabbing kids from these schools ND used to get and losing them to a variety of other regional schools, with very little direct correlation to UC. The suggestion was that Fick could change that trend. Its a lot easier to get a good player from these high schools to ND than it is to Cincy, provided you prioritize them and recruit them.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                                ESPN's Heather Dinich:

ND AD Jack Swarbrick is not here at the CFP expansion meeting. Can confirm @TheAthleticCFB report Swarbrick is meeting w/ DC Marcus Freeman today.
                                Be very interested to see what comes of this meeting. Will the job be offered or are they just lining up their options in case Luke declines?
                                If Luke is in fact heading to ND, that announcement would come next week after our game as he is trying very hard to not address it this week and let it become a distraction. He also needs to make public a decision prior to the signing period in fairness to kids he promised he would be here to coach. I don't see any scenario that he would be here to coach they CFP game unless he announces he is staying. Winning Saturday would really ramp up the pressure and second guessing and complicate his decision.
                                I think a Big 12 affiliation will help UC be in expanded CFP talks in the future, but almost assure ND is in it every year. Expanded playoffs works against our leverage on Luke as it helps ND more than it does us.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X