Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
    ESPN's Heather Dinich:

ND AD Jack Swarbrick is not here at the CFP expansion meeting. Can confirm @TheAthleticCFB report Swarbrick is meeting w/ DC Marcus Freeman today.
    ESPN's Adam Rittenberg, in response to this nugget about Notre Dame's AD: Swarbrick staying on campus to keep Freeman and OC Tommy Rees, plus director of football performance Matt Balis staying, plus Swarbrick gushing about the program's stability Tuesday, suggests this might not be much of a search. Marcus Freeman has tremendous support for HC role.

Comment

• It is interesting that the last 3 ND head coaches without prior Head Coaching experience didn't turn out well. I am sure some remember that at ND

Comment

• And we now have a fake PFF college football account out there.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by RedDog View Post

Be very interested to see what comes of this meeting. Will the job be offered or are they just lining up their options in case Luke declines?
          If Luke is in fact heading to ND, that announcement would come next week after our game as he is trying very hard to not address it this week and let it become a distraction. He also needs to make public a decision prior to the signing period in fairness to kids he promised he would be here to coach. I don't see any scenario that he would be here to coach they CFP game unless he announces he is staying. Winning Saturday would really ramp up the pressure and second guessing and complicate his decision.
          I think a Big 12 affiliation will help UC be in expanded CFP talks in the future, but almost assure ND is in it every year. Expanded playoffs works against our leverage on Luke as it helps ND more than it does us.
          Just playing devil's advocate here... is it possible that Luke is being honest and has, and will keep, the blinders on? What if he refuses to talk to his agent or anybody else about this matter until after his season has fully concluded? Point taken about the signing period, but if he can honestly tell them he hasn't discussed the job with anyone, then could he not theoretically tell them his focus is on UC, allowing him to get through the conclusion of the 2021 season as well as signing period?

This isn't to suggest he stays or leaves, just punching holes in the argument for timing.
          "In the morning he would read the Bible with another coach. Then, in the afternoon, he would go out and cheat kids who had probably saved up money from mowing lawns to buy those raffle tickets. That's Jim Tressel." - former colleague to Jim Tressel as quoted in Sports Illustrated.

Comment

• Originally posted by Binturong05 View Post

Just playing devil's advocate here... is it possible that Luke is being honest and has, and will keep, the blinders on? What if he refuses to talk to his agent or anybody else about this matter until after his season has fully concluded? Point taken about the signing period, but if he can honestly tell them he hasn't discussed the job with anyone, then could he not theoretically tell them his focus is on UC, allowing him to get through the conclusion of the 2021 season as well as signing period?

This isn't to suggest he stays or leaves, just punching holes in the argument for timing.
            I feel this plays well into his wheel house. In the presser CLF was pretty emphatic he isn't watching anything other than his team. If he concludes this season and moves on there isn't anything more I can ask for. He gave his all here.

Don't get me wrong I want him to stay. And I think a bit will play into ND and their alum if they "have" to have a coach "now".

Comment

• Good points and valid scenerios. Once again it would verify how much more class and compassion Luke has than other slugs like Kelly. Until proven otherwise, he is committed to this team and his contract.

Comment

• Zac Taylor shoots down any potential interest at Oklahoma, says there is zero chance... With all due respect to Zac Taylor, didn't realize his name had ever come up.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                  Zac Taylor shoots down any potential interest at Oklahoma, says there is zero chance... With all due respect to Zac Taylor, didn't realize his name had ever come up.
                  Who?

extra chars.

Comment

• Originally posted by Colonel View Post

Who?

extra chars.
                    Former QB Coach at UC and an OC in the NFL. He is an NFL Head Coach now.
                    Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

Former QB Coach at UC and an OC in the NFL. He is an NFL Head Coach now.
                      Yeah, I know. I was trying to poke fun at UC being the only schtick in town for good football.

Comment

• Here is BK's 3-1/2 minute speach to his team. Here's Brian Kelly's leaked 3 1/2-minute speech to Notre Dame players after accepting LSU job | Sporting News

Comment

• Virginia Tech just hired Penn States DC. Maybe ND will hire Freeman.

Comment

• Originally posted by Colonel View Post

Yeah, I know. I was trying to poke fun at UC being the only schtick in town for good football.
                            Wait, there is professional football in Clifton? I missed it
                            Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

Wait, there is professional football in Clifton? I missed it
                              I didn't say professional. I said good.

Comment

• OKC media member reports OU wants to interview Fickell after Saturday's game, likely interviewing/have interviewed Matt Campbell, and Georgia's coordinator Dan Lanning could also be in play
                                https://twitter.com/DeanBlevins/stat...55072505659396

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X