No announcement yet.

Coaching Carousel '21-22

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I never thought that Fickell would leave this year but as always, the drama boys had to bellow out. And make sure that you know that he will never go to Oklahoma. If you go back in the threads, you would have thought that he was the MSU coach for the past two years.

Comment

• My guess is he’ll get a new contract from UC with a big raise.

Comment

• What was Florida State before Bowden, or Penn State before Paterno? We now know those schools because of those coaches but we're those schools big names before them? Im really curious of that if someone can inform me.

I'm hoping Fickell is thinking he can be that with Cincinnati. We can compete for a playoff spot before the Big 12 and will be one of the top teams Day One.

Comment

• Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
          My guess is he’ll get a new contract from UC with a big raise.
          I believe that it was reported last week that he was offered a new contract and that it was somewhere in the middle of a Power Five salary. Someone will correct me but I also think that it was boosters that came up with the money.

Comment

• THAMEL: Sources told Yahoo Sports that the process to formally get an offer together for Marcus Freeman will unfold the next 72 hours. A job offer to make Freeman the next coach is expected to follow that process.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
              Also, while Fickell appears to be staying (unless his agent makes a push for Oklahoma all of a sudden), what if Fickell really wanted Notre Dame and never got that opportunity? I wouldn't feel too badly if he's still UC's coach but just saying.
              I was thinking something similar. While selfishly very happy, if this really was one of his two dream jobs that he wasn’t able to take because of timing and a moral compass, then I feel bad for him. All because Brian Kelly has no moral compass.

Comment

• Originally posted by steveedwards View Post

I was thinking something similar. While selfishly very happy, if this really was one of his two dream jobs that he wasn’t able to take because of timing and a moral compass, then I feel bad for him. All because Brian Kelly has no moral compass.
                I think that Luke Fickell will be compensated for staying and he will have many opportunities in the future. He is on the cusp of getting a non power five team into the playoffs which is history in the making. Can you imagine if UC were to become the National Champions.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post

I believe that it was reported last week that he was offered a new contract and that it was somewhere in the middle of a Power Five salary. Someone will correct me but I also think that it was boosters that came up with the money.
                  From what I hear they are pumping the big name boosters for the money to give Fickell a raise ($7.5M/year) and to expand the stadium to 55k. Both of which would be just awesome. Can you imagine how loud Nippert would be with an another 15,000 people?! I would hope those 2 events would also provide a boost for recruiting efforts.

Comment

• Originally posted by GangstaTakester View Post

From what I hear they are pumping the big name boosters for the money to give Fickell a raise ($7.5M/year) and to expand the stadium to 55k. Both of which would be just awesome. Can you imagine how loud Nippert would be with an another 15,000 people?! I would hope those 2 events would also provide a boost for recruiting efforts.
                    🎶 I got 5 on it. 🎶
                    "Lets do 10 shots of Jose before the EKU game!!!!"

-Source Unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Burk View Post

I think that Luke Fickell will be compensated for staying and he will have many opportunities in the future. He is on the cusp of getting a non power five team into the playoffs which is history in the making. Can you imagine if UC were to become the National Champions.
                      Here is the pathway for UC to become National Champs:

1. Beat Houston good on Sat, while Georgia beats Alabama real good too.
                      2. Be ranked #3 in the final CFP.
                      3. Beat #2 Michigan in round 1.
                      4. At the same time, Oklahoma State upsets Georgia, making it to the finals.
                      5. We play Oklahoma State in Indy on the finals, and play a great game.

This is very possible folks!

B.C.

"A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

I was wondering what they were going to do for Nippert. It really needs an expanded. closed-in East Concourse (similar to the club level at PBS). I had great seats in the Shank pavillion but got tired of the port-o-lets, no food and no place to go in inclement weather.

Comment

• I think that $7.5 M would place CLF in the top 10-20 percent of all power 5 coaches.

Comment

I wasn't involved in Cunningham's zoom session, but a fried of mine was and said that the AD mentioned that they will assess attendance over the next three seasons, to see if the sellouts continue. If so, they would examine the possibility of adding 8-10K seats.

Comment

• Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post

I wasn't involved in Cunningham's zoom session, but a fried of mine was and said that the AD mentioned that they will assess attendance over the next three seasons, to see if the sellouts continue. If so, they would examine the possibility of adding 8-10K seats.
                              This is correct. I was not there but I've gotten this info from multiple people.

On the Fickell front, I have a hunch we are not done with the carousel yet. I don't have any information to support that but I think that we need to keep an eye on Ryan Day up north.
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post

This is correct. I was not there but I've gotten this info from multiple people.

On the Fickell front, I have a hunch we are not done with the carousel yet. I don't have any information to support that but I think that we need to keep an eye on Ryan Day up north.
                                I hear ya, but has there ever been anything explicitly suggesting Day would be interested in the NFL? Feel like every year names are thrown out there from the college rankings (and, sure, some have departed for the NFL). Other than Justin Fields being on the Bears and a coaching change in Chicago imminent, I am not sure I'm seeing the connection.

I don't think Day would leave for this gig, but we've all been surprised a number of times in the last week.

Also, that would be a tough way to go out -- getting crushed by Michigan in your last game (or perhaps coaching in a semi-meaningless bowl game...after getting crushed by Michigan)

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X