Notre Dame 10/2 2:30 NBC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notre Dame 10/2 2:30 NBC

Looking forward to this one. We've got two weeks to prepare and get people healthy for this one. The two schools have not played each other since 1900, which is kind of wild considering considering geography. We've played exactly once (58-0 ND) so a win would even the series.

ND takes on Wisconsin on 9/25 at Noon on FOX. That game is in Chicago if you're looking for something watch in the early window on Saturday.

In the instance that ND loses they will obviously fall from their current 10/12 ranking. From my perspective this would be a bad thing for UC. We need them ranked as high as possible to bolster our strength of schedule. I'm aware that rooting for ND might be painful for some of you but that would seem to be the plan since there is currently no one else on the schedule that is even receiving votes in the rankings. Memphis is in the RVcategory but we would only see them if both schools make the AAC Championship game.

As for UC you have to win this game, win out for the rest of the seaon, and hope ND and IU are ranked decently when December rolls around if we're going to have a shot at the CFP down the road.
    Last edited by Lobot; 09-21-2021, 01:23 PM. Reason: Fixed game location
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

This game is in Soldier Field in Chicago, IL

Comment

In addition to BK, Marcus Freeman and Mike Mickens... didn't realize Jeff Quinn (OL) was on staff. Mike Elston (I don't remember him) is another former BK staffer at UC that is at Notre Dame.

Comment

Originally posted by gobearcats1 View Post
        This game is in Soldier Field in Chicago, IL
        Nice catch. Totally forgot about that
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Where are the refs from for the ND game?

I must admit that I thought the Big 10 Refs were very fair in the game at IU.

B.C.
          "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

I’m guessing ACC but I’ve tried tracking down ref assignments for football without much luck.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Ok so I had to run an errand at halftime and it was 10-10. ND scored 31 points in 4Q on a kick return and two picks sixes. Guess they got their money’s worth hiring Marcus Freeman.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Opening line is UC -1
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

In light of ND' s rout of Wisconsin and the odds set at good guys -1, do any of us homers want to venture a prediction to the game? As much as I hope that UC can pull off the upset I m seeing a defensive gem by the other guys and so UC 16 ND 24. But it would not hurt my feelings if these scores were reversed 😂.

Comment

If we get 60 minutes of football i see us winning 28-21.
                    Last edited by Greg7173; 09-27-2021, 08:16 AM.

Comment

Here's an article from the local South Bend newspaper on the importance of this Saturday's game.

https://www.ndinsider.com/story/spor...um/5879017001/

Comment

Just because of the way that Kelly left and took the entire staff with him prior to the biggest bowl game of UC's history, I want this to be a UC blow out.

Comment

My prediction - ND 24 UC 17. I think we learn that UC still has some work to do to be a top 10 caliber team. I would love to be wrong.

Comment

I want us to beat ND & Kelly soooo freaking bad but I think ND will win in a close game. I hope I'm wrong.

Comment

Cringeworthy https://twitter.com/CincyShirts/stat...01364869292032

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X