Future Scheduling

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From @jaywilliamscincy of The Cincinnati Enquirer

@GoBEARCATS are getting out of home-and-home [football emoji] series w/ NC State, I'm told. UC was scheduled to play at NC State in 2023; @ Nippert in 2029. @HerdFB is a leading candidate to replace UC on NC State's schedule, beginning 2023 in Raleigh.

Bearcats have [to] change schedule because of move to Big 12. Will go from 4 to 3 OOC games w/ Big 12 playing 9 conference games.

UC's 2023 OOC schedule will be:

9/02 vs. Eastern Kentucky
    9/09 @ Pitt
    9/16 vs. Miami University

This is generally the ideal OOC setup UC wants in Big 12
    1 -- P5
    1 -- G5 (Miami)
    1 -- FCS or G5

Comment

I would have rather kept NC State and dropped Eastern KY... more exciting game. We don't need 2 freebies anymore, and if we want to keep Miami game forever that is basically our FCS level warmup game

Comment

This not shocking at all. We knew that series was going to get canceled because of the Big 12 schedule a while ago.

I think the only reason Williams is reporting it is because he’s a Marshall alum.

I totally understand why people want to kill the EKU game but unless Miami gets significantly better than 6-6 every year it’s basically a pair of gimme Ws on the schedule
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

“Until we get to the B12, the AAC will hold us back for any dream of CFP.”

Yeah, I said this last October 😎. Seriously, give me good to great regional roadies to go to in September OOC games…..last year was pretty awesome. I was
          pretty excited about NC State. I’d love Louisville! I do think UC’s done a **** of a job over the recent years with really interesting OOC roadies (pay day, yeah sure):

Illinois
          IU
          ND
          OSU
          Purdue
          TN
          Marshall
          Michigan

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat93 View Post
            “Until we get to the B12, the AAC will hold us back for any dream of CFP.”

Yeah, I said this last October 😎. Seriously, give me good to great regional roadies to go to in September OOC games…..last year was pretty awesome. I was
            pretty excited about NC State. I’d love Louisville! I do think UC’s done a **** of a job over the recent years with really interesting OOC roadies (pay day, yeah sure):

Illinois
            IU
            ND
            OSU
            Purdue
            TN
            Marshall
            Michigan
            Illinois & Indiana were/are home & away series, as was UCLA. Purdue played here in 2013 before the Cats met the Boilers in W Lafayette.

Comment

Yeah, I was looking at regional games, although UCLA was a nice sweep.

Comment

Did the Nebraska return game get cancelled? We were supposed to go there in 2020.

I'd much rather two P5 OOC plus Miami (warmup gimme) each year. I know going undefeated in Big 12 will be enough to get to playoff, but I really don't see us doing that for a few years, so would rather see higher end competition to gauge where we really are. As much as I hate losing, I enjoyed the Are-Kansas game because it was much more exciting than seeing them get a big win over lesser competition. Though I also understand it is hard to have 3 OOC games with two at home every year unless we renegotiate with the Redhawks.
                Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

I do wish we would stop the PBS games…..a terrible venue for football

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat93 View Post
                    I do wish we would stop the PBS games…..a terrible venue for football
                    I think players like playing in an NFL stadium

Comment

Um, I do not believe that it is PBS anymore. It is Paycor Stadium at the tune of $8M per year. Justification is that Mike Brown can pay his players more to keep them.

Comment

I make it a point to never call any stadium by it’s sponsored name.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
                          Um, I do not believe that it is PBS anymore. It is Paycor Stadium at the tune of $8M per year. Justification is that Mike Brown can pay his players more to keep them.
                          I'm sure that money will trickle down to the players.

Comment

Originally posted by cpawstoney View Post

I'm sure that money will trickle down to the players.
                            I am not sure either. However, that is what Mikey said during an interview.

Comment

Originally posted by Josh Rexhausen View Post

What about a home-and-home with a neutral game at PBS every third year?
                              We play at Nippert. I don't see any reason to go play in a high school stadium on any frequency. They are replaceable in our current state, and theirs. Miami has a long and rich history, thus it boggles my mind that they can't or aren't investing to make it one of the better MAC programs. My reluctance to play them stems from our progress, their regress, and playing 9 conference games. I hope there is a way to keep the history alive, but I'd rather do a ten year home and home with Loserville for the Keg-O-Nails.

PBS may be nice for the players, but it is costly for the program and we lose the true home field advantage.
                              Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

The game downtown is technically a home game for Miami. If anyone is losing home field advantage, it's Miami. I think Mike Bohn got that concession from Miami for financial reasons. By putting it in PBS/Paycor, Miami can sell more tickets than at Yager which benefits their program and people don't have to drive the Highway to Heaven up to Oxford as often. Better to drive I-75 than US 27 in my opinion. I would think most of the fan base for Miami is in Cincinnati and the suburbs anyway.
                                Brent Wyrick
                                92 Final Four Front Row
                                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X