Navy 10/23 12:00 ESPN2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Josh Rexhausen View Post

Tell me which "playoff caliber team" beat Navy handily. Sure we can all guess they would throttle them but UC will be the only team considered for the playoff to play them, can't compare.
    Navy is 1-6. How many points do you think Ohio State, Oklahoma, Georgia, or Alabama would score? 50+ easily.

Comment

Originally posted by Josh Rexhausen View Post

Tell me which "playoff caliber team" beat Navy handily. Sure we can all guess they would throttle them but UC will be the only team considered for the playoff to play them, can't compare.
      You’re applying logic to the CFP committee when it is simply looking to maintain the status quo - 2 SEC teams, the B1G champion, and either the BigXII/Pac12 champion. UC had an opportunity to wedge it’s way in but blew it today.

Comment

I will admit I was very disappointed with the play today. I realize some will say - but the triple option - Well just a couple years ago a less talented Bearcat team throttled a more talented navy team quite handily. Of course I have very high expectations and don't want to see any poor performance ruin the chance for the playoffs.

Comment

Very undisciplined play today. Should have run away with the game in the second half. Everyone has a game like this now and again but the Cats have to rebound back and put up those style points next week.

Comment

We came into a hostile environment, and changed a team's determined course of action to control the pace of the game with a offense that is problematic to the best of teams to where they then were playing out of desperation and walked away winners. I dont care if Navy is 1 and 5. I give our kids kudos👍

Comment

Welcome to Sluggish Saturday for not just us, but a lot of teams. OU had trouble at Kansas, Penn St lost at home, Michigan started slow. at home.

Playing at Navy is like having a tooth pulled. Not only do you have to defend patiently all game, but you have to fight off the zebras as well. Lots of uncalled penalties on Navy by that crew. They did manage to flag them a few times late but in addition to not playing particularly well, we got homered a bit today.

I'll take the W. We're undefeated still and hopefully that will wake up the team a little bit so we don't have any more clunkers.

I have not heard postgame comments yet to see if there was a method to the madness, but if anyone can explain Mike Denbrock's playing calling today, let me know. I thought it was odd at best.

I think we get jumped by Alabama and/or OSU in the polls with good games tonight from either of them. I think OU will fall with us for almost laying an egg at KU. I'm interested to see how much lift OSU gets if they Beat IU in Bloomington with IU down to a backup QB still. Let's see if the pollsters are actually paying attention on that one.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

aO$U will get the benefit of the doubt and will leapfrog UC after they annihilate IU. I have no faith in the pollsters. The pollsters and the committee will look at the performance of both UC and aO$U against IU and rank aO$U ahead of UC since it will have defeated IU by a greater margin than UC did. Mark it down right now. This is where the pollsters and the committee start their work to screw UC out of the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                  Welcome to Sluggish Saturday for not just us, but a lot of teams. OU had trouble at Kansas, Penn St lost at home, Michigan started slow. at home.
                  And the other OSU (our future Big 12 buddy) lost. CFB is tough to play awesome every week. On to Tulane.
                  Josh Rexhausen
                  CE'99

Comment

We are still undefeated so still in the hunt for a playoff spot. It’s a little harder now having struggled against a team perceived as weak. A loss would have ended any chance. We can’t have any more close games. Need to win big and hope for losses by any team in the top ten of the AP. We were helped today by losses by Penn State and OK State and the struggles of OU against a KU team arguably worse than Navy. Need to be fans of Tennessee and Indiana tonight - not optimistic however.
                    ...a fountain of eternal youth, a tower of strength, a rock of truth...

Comment

The News Record. Last-second interception secures 27-20 victory for UC football over Navy | Sports | newsrecord.org

Comment

Ridder and Offense did not play well the entire game. Play calling was terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by London 'Cat View Post
                          aO$U will get the benefit of the doubt and will leapfrog UC after they annihilate IU. I have no faith in the pollsters. The pollsters and the committee will look at the performance of both UC and aO$U against IU and rank aO$U ahead of UC since it will have defeated IU by a greater margin than UC did. Mark it down right now. This is where the pollsters and the committee start their work to screw UC out of the playoffs.
                          Benefit of the doubt? Look at how they destroyed IU at IU. I will admit the announcers were anti-UC compared to OSU, but the buckeyes are nasty.

Comment

Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post

Benefit of the doubt? Look at how they destroyed IU at IU. I will admit the announcers were anti-UC compared to OSU, but the buckeyes are nasty.
                            The pollsters will only look at the final score and not consider that IU was a different team in that it played aO$U without its starting QB. I even wrote in my pre-game post that aO$U would annihilate IU. That is the bias of the pollsters.
                            Last edited by London 'Cat; 10-24-2021, 08:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gobearcats1 View Post
                              Ridder and Offense did not play well the entire game. Play calling was terrible.
                              Exactly! Ridder and Offense did not play well. First two possesions we could not score. and allowed Navy to score first and take control. We were playing their game most of the time. We put up a couple TD's early and it would have been a completely different game.

Comment

Originally posted by cpawstoney View Post

Exactly! Ridder and Offense did not play well. First two possesions we could not score. and allowed Navy to score first and take control. We were playing their game most of the time. We put up a couple TD's early and it would have been a completely different game.
                                That is true, but from the time the score was 10-10 we scored the next 17 points, and then went to sleep. It sure as heck looked like we played the entire 4th quarter playing not to lose rather than trying to win.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X