Tulsa 11/6 3:30 ESPN2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Josh Rexhausen View Post

If you hold offense seven plays at the goal line and they slip up once that's a defensive hold.

Agree. He prematurely slid to avoid getting hit. Like the talking heads said he could have easily dove head first and scored. His pansying out is laid squarely on the stout defense. But luck had a lot to do with our getting the win. We allowed them to get back into the game. We still got the win baby!

Comment

Also, giving up over 300 yards rushing to a 2-win team, they have some issues on defense that need to be addresed. Navy ran all over them too (option or not).

Comment

Originally posted by Cliftonite View Post
        Also, giving up over 300 yards rushing to a 2-win team, they have some issues on defense that need to be addresed. Navy ran all over them too (option or not).
        Agree, they suddenly cannot stop the run (unless it is goal line)

Comment

UC has had three relatively close games in their last three outings. As I have stated, the ECU game there, to finish the season, scares me to death. Tulsa is better than their record indicates. Tulsa was nearly tied with O$U at halftime.

B.C.
          "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

USF up at half. Brian Battie of USF has two kickoff returns for TD tonight so far. Be ready next week or it’s over.

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
              I guess I say this a lot, but this game worries me. Tulsa has been hearing the hype all week, and they’re not terrible. They would love nothing better than to knock off UC, because of the UC ranking, and even more so because we’re leaving them behind in the AAC. They probably feel a little disrespected being the homecoming opponent too. For all these reasons you can bet they’ll bring all they have and even more. It important that we match their intensity, which I worry about with all the distractions this week. Hope I’m wrong.
              I’m worried about next week against USF too.

Comment

A win still gives us a shot at the CFP especially with MSU losing. But we did not look like an elite football team today.
                ...a fountain of eternal youth, a tower of strength, a rock of truth...

Comment

Originally posted by Pharmfam View Post
                  A win still gives us a shot at the CFP especially with MSU losing. But we did not look like an elite football team today.
                  A win that feels like a loss. I think coaching has been well below what we expect. I simply find it hard to believe that we can’t stop the run any better than that. The play calling on offense is disjointed at best. Changes need to be made or next week it won’t just feel like a loss.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharmfam View Post
                    Well we did in quarters 1 and 3.........

Comment

Another week that the ‘Cats failed to play four quarters, a complete game. They have not played well since UCF, struggling at times in all 3 games since. Yes, they were good in 1st and 3rd quarters against Tulsa. But completely sleep-walked in the 2nd and 4th. I think the 3-3-5 defensive scheme needs to be tweaked or re-evaluated because opposing offenses have figured it out. And I don’t know what has happened to the offense. The play calling is at the very best dull.

Comment

Playing like they are now I expect they may struggle against USF, SMU and EC. The inconsistency of the offense has always concerned me but I am shocked at how our defense is being pushed all over the place. Very puzzling....

Comment

I believe we need to go to 4 down lineman on defense. Opposing teams are not even touched until they are past the line of scrimmage. Something has got to change.

Comment

I agree. If the strength of our defense is our DB's then prioritize stopping the run and make them pass into your strengh.

Comment

Honestly folks, if we play like we did the last three games, we are probably looking at losses at ECU, and in the AAC championship game. I watched Houston play last night, and they are big and fast.

B.C.
                              "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

I want to criticize the defense but I'm waiting to watch the post game presser where they hopefully explain what the game plan was on defense because whatever it was it didn't work out well at all. You've got a QB out there across the line that throws an INT for every TD he throws and you're forcing the run all game. I do not get that. Their strength is the O line and run game and the 3-3-5 plays right into that.

Offense was sloppy aside from the beginning of each half. We get out to a lead and then they fall asleep at the wheel for the rest of the game. It's like they expect the other team to fold their tent and go home after they get a lead. Way too many dropped balls yesterday by the WRs. Coaching staff should have Whyle carrying a football high and tight all week around campus.

We need a Plan B in the run game. Running Des as Plan B is not sufficient.

I never felt like we were in control of that game outside of the begnning of the 1st and 3rd qaurters. The CFP Committee has that "Game Control" thing . Even though we were never behind, I don't think we qualfied for Game Control yesterday.

All in all, it's still a W and I think we can be thankful for that considering the last 2 minutes of the game.
                                Brent Wyrick
                                92 Final Four Front Row
                                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X