Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bearcatbret
    replied
    So what is the over/under of past Bearcats attending the Cotton Bowl? Some of our greats helped build this program. I wonder if UC will reach out and try to plan some sort of alumni group outing. Just please do not invite BK.

Also, where will the best block watch party be in Cincinnati?

Leave a comment:

• bearcatbret
    replied
    So this should also be in the thread called the coaching tree. UC does have a history of producing some great coaches but we should not forget about the stepping stone up US 27. There have been some great coaches in the past come from there as well. Not so much in recent history though.

Leave a comment:

• Rufus
    replied
    Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post
    Rex Ryan just announced he was a former Bearcat and said "Go Bearcats". BTW on the OSU forums the sour grapes are being crushed and the insult is both the Bearcats and UM are making it.

Its going to be fun watching all the obscure bearcats come forward to grab some of the limelight! Its also so very funny that our "big brother" up north gets so puckered up and out of joint at our success.😂😂

Leave a comment:

• bearcatbret
    replied
    Originally posted by Josh Rexhausen View Post

Pretty sure this thread got hijacked into a nice thread regarding the Cincinnati Coaching tree.
    I think that you are right. My original message was maybe somebody could start a new thread about the coaches that have come through UC. My applogies to all on the forum.

Leave a comment:

• leo from jersey
    replied
    Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post

Watson Brown rode UC's 1983 victory at Happy Valley (14-3) to make more money at Rice after just one season. That's how far the program had slipped. He then went on to Vandy before founding the UAB program in 1995.

That 1983 team featured a QB named Troy Bodine. The team was playing well until he was injured. By the time the season finale came around at UK, the Cats were down to QB #4. In came Dave Currey and ... well.
    Remember the national press Troy got after the PSU victory.

Leave a comment:

• leo from jersey
    replied
    Rex Ryan just announced he was a former Bearcat and said "Go Bearcats". BTW on the OSU forums the sour grapes are being crushed and the insult is both the Bearcats and UM are making it.
    Last edited by leo from jersey; 12-05-2021, 01:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Josh Rexhausen
    replied
    Originally posted by Lobot View Post

Yep. Dantonio’s DC
    Pretty sure this thread got hijacked into a nice thread regarding the Cincinnati Coaching tree.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post

I think that Pat Narduzzi came through UC.
    Yep. Dantonio’s DC

Leave a comment:

• bearcatbret
    replied
    Originally posted by Oldtimer_UC_fan View Post

Mike Tomlin comes to mind as an assistant.
    I think that Pat Narduzzi came through UC.

Leave a comment:

• swilsonsp4
    replied
    Originally posted by Rufus View Post
    Mason, Watson Brown, Ralph Staub among others - I remember the songs -

I dont think you can include Watson Brown. If I remember correctly he wasn't here long enough to even have a cup of coffee. Didn't he take another job, shaking the UC dust off His shoes before coaching his first game? I dont want to be a debbie downer but I dont want to give credit to someone who didn't participate in being a Bearcat either! His dust trail leaving Cincy was more turbulent than sleazy Kelly's! Anyway, Cincinnati Bearcats, national champions! Has a nice ring to it
    Watson Brown rode UC's 1983 victory at Happy Valley (14-3) to make more money at Rice after just one season. That's how far the program had slipped. He then went on to Vandy before founding the UAB program in 1995.

That 1983 team featured a QB named Troy Bodine. The team was playing well until he was injured. By the time the season finale came around at UK, the Cats were down to QB #4. In came Dave Currey and ... well.

Leave a comment:

• leo from jersey
    replied
    Originally posted by Corporateballa View Post
    “🎤Tony Mason and his boys are facing, some of the finest teams in the Nation. In Cincinnati, we’ve gone Bearcatty over our football team!”

That jingle in how long I’ve been following UC football. What a wonderful time to be alive!
    Coach Ralph Staub will do the job was another lyric.. For BB, who can forget Bear Catlett.

Leave a comment:

• leo from jersey
    replied
    Originally posted by Rufus View Post
    Mason, Watson Brown, Ralph Staub among others - I remember the songs -

I dont think you can include Watson Brown. If I remember correctly he wasn't here long enough to even have a cup of coffee. Didn't he take another job, shaking the UC dust off His shoes before coaching his first game? I dont want to be a debbie downer but I dont want to give credit to someone who didn't participate in being a Bearcat either! His dust trail leaving Cincy was more turbulent than sleazy Kelly's! Anyway, Cincinnati Bearcats, national champions! Has a nice ring to it
    He was still the HC for a season which I remember quite well. I remember Staub from OSU was to be the savior of the program. Oh well

Leave a comment:

• leo from jersey
    replied
    Originally posted by Oldtimer_UC_fan View Post

Mike Tomlin comes to mind as an assistant.
    as did John Harbaugh, Zac Taylor, Rex Ryan coach in the NFL with Gilman and Chuck Studley as NFL HCs. For college Pat Narduzzi ,Marcus Freeman, Joker Phillips and my favorite Joe Morrison among so many more.

Leave a comment:

• GoBearcats31
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliftonite View Post
    Meanwhile Brian Kelly slithers away to the swamps and is faking a cajun accent, and has never been to a CFP. I would've never predicted UC would be in the CFP before he would, after he left.
    Notre Dame has been in two of the last three seasons, granted losing 61-17 (combined) in those two games

Leave a comment:

• Josh Rexhausen
    replied
    Jut got to the overturned fumble in the early fourth, the rules guy got it wrong, and he thought the 4th down PI against Houston was bad so maybe his judgment was poor. I would like more info on the PF on Bush, it looked like they were both jawing at each other.
    Other notes, 40+ min and 73 plays for Houston, 20- and 45 plays for Cincy. Wow.

Leave a comment:

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X