• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cliftonite
    replied
    Game highlights:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHeZRU1qnzw

Looks like a matchup with Bama, barring some whacky move.

Leave a comment:

• leo from jersey
    replied
    Originally posted by Pharmfam View Post
    We’ve had some coaches that have progressively elevated this program. Rick Minter, Mark Dantonio, Brian Kelly, Butch Jones, Tommy Tuberville (not so much). Luke has been a godsend. We are in a good place right now. The college football world can no longer discount the real accomplishments of the UC Bearcats
    You forgot the great offensive genius Sid Gilman from the 50s. Look at what he did at UC and then the pros. He is the only coach in both the college and pro Hall of Fame.

Leave a comment:

• Pharmfam
    replied
    We’ve had some coaches that have progressively elevated this program. Rick Minter, Mark Dantonio, Brian Kelly, Butch Jones, Tommy Tuberville (not so much). Luke has been a godsend. We are in a good place right now. The college football world can no longer discount the real accomplishments of the UC Bearcats

Leave a comment:

• bearcatbret
    replied
    This is the first time since I have been in the stands (early 80s) that the stadium was packed BEFORE the kick-off. Everyone in their seats or should I say standing. Incredible noise and what a win. 13-0 baby.

Leave a comment:

• leo from jersey
    replied
    GROOVY -- But what was this. The announcers were all for UH till the ending. In the second half they said Alabama was trouncing Ga., but could UC hold on to win. The thing was UC up by 15 at the time and UA only 14... Anyhow - Go bearcats ---

Leave a comment:

• leo from jersey
    replied
    LOL I had a Jacky Lee football my dad gave me. Early 50s youngsters.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    I’m still kind of in disbelief that this has happened. I started following in the early 80s on radio when we were getting bludgeoned by powerhouses every weekend. We’ve come a long long way.

Leave a comment:

• Oldtimer_UC_fan
    replied
    Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
    I go back to the Greg Cook years. Waiting a long long time for this. Wow.
    Same here.

Leave a comment:

• Pharmfam
    replied
    What a great day! Hard to believe how far we’ve come since I was an undergrad in the 70’s.

Leave a comment:

• Greg7173
    replied
    Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
    Me too. Great win and the defense did show up big in the second half. Ref's hosed us out of a TD. That was a fumble.

Leave a comment:

• BigDaddyCornHusker
    replied
    What a great day to be a Bearcat!

Leave a comment:

• longtimefan
    replied
    All Summer long we all talked about this, but somehow I never thought it would happen. It’s freaking unbelievable.

Leave a comment:

• longtimefan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Cliftonite
    replied
    Originally posted by Josh Rexhausen View Post
    How did they unsportsmanlike calls look on TV? Refs gave that drive to Houston. Twice the spotted them an extra yard. Should have been 4th and 4.
    I thought it was pretty ticky tacky/subjective.

Leave a comment:

• Cliftonite
    replied
    Yeah no calls tonight at all, some mistakes but the weird officiating certainly made the game a tad closer than it was. Oh well a 15 pt win should be enough to get in at #4 hopefully. Great atmosphere and moment for the program.

Leave a comment:

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X