No announcement yet.

AAC Championship - Houston 12/4 4:00 ABC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Houston vs. UConn recap plus next game against UC. Football Rolls to Big Win at UConn in Regular-Season Finale - University of Houston Athletics (uhcougars.com)

Comment

Anyone watch that SPORTSGRID channel with all the sports betting experts...Scott Wetzel picked SMU and ECU outright (not ats) v. Bearcats...I wonder if anyone actually makes money with online sports betting listening to these hosts!

Comment

^Hatred for UC affects a lot of people's judgement. Or it could be ignorance.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
          ^Hatred for UC affects a lot of people's judgement. Or it could be ignorance.
          I vote for ignorance.

Comment

Power 6!

Mike Aresco on the AAC championship press conference: “Our championship is one of six to feature two ranked teams. I think this cements our status as a power conference."

Comment

Via Sam Khan Jr. of The Athletic:

Houston LB Donavan Mutin, who was injured against Memphis, will be "good to go" this weekend vs. Cincinnati, coach Dana Holgorsen said.

Big news for UH's defense. Mutin is a key part of it.
              Last edited by GoBearcats31; 11-29-2021, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldtimer_UC_fan View Post
                If we don"t win big, I think ND could jump us.
                ND could have 4 one loss teams ahead of them with a 13th data point, plus undefeated UC. I'm more worried about Bama beating UGA and a one loss Big 12 champ. Both Georgia and Ok St would have a good claim to be included in the CFP, along with Baba and Michigan (if they beat Iowa). Assuming we beat Houston, then that is 5 teams for four slots. Since Ok St plays two highly rated teams in a row, they could jump the number 4 team, have to assume that is still UC, though could be Michigan. The number one thing to cheer is for Georgia to be Bama.
                Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                  Power 6!

Mike Aresco on the AAC championship press conference: “Our championship is one of six to feature two ranked teams. I think this cements our status as a power conference."
                  Did he go on to say that both those teams are leaving the conference?

Comment

If anyone wants to sell me Houston tickets at face value my plans changed and I am able to go. Haven't been to one game yet this year due to conflicts. PM me
                    I'm usually a loud and cheering fan I will take one or two tickets.

I thought I saw on a Houston page that they were due to give back their ticket allotment today if it had not sold anyone hear any word?
                    Last edited by Josh Rexhausen; 11-29-2021, 10:02 PM.
                    Josh Rexhausen
                    CE'99

Comment

Originally posted by Josh Rexhausen View Post

Do you really think if we win a close game against Houston while ND is idle, ND would pass us in the CFP poll?
                      I made this statement before the end of the ECU game.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldtimer_UC_fan View Post

I made this statement before the end of the ECU game.
                        Ah, that makes more sense now.
                        Josh Rexhausen
                        CE'99

Comment

Fickell and Ridder meet with the media
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbPas67xUak

Comment

Sheesh. Huge game on Saturday and no one has touched this thread since Tuesday!

Houston fans did not sell out their ticket allotment. A limited # of tickets are available to the public at 1:00 p.m. today
                            https://twitter.com/GoBEARCATS/statu...32348275318792

Comment

Houston is led by Clayton Tune who has very comparable stats to Desmond Ridder but against a weaker schedule. RB Alton McCaskill was All-AAC second team as a freshman, AAC Rookie of the year and has comparable stats to Jerome Ford. WR Nathaniel Dell is a speedster who is an All-AAC first teamer. He's the guy the DBs have to keep track of.

On the other side LB, leading tackler Donovan Mutin is expected to play one week after a really scary looking injury that hospitalized him. The problem guy is Marcus Jones who is an All-AAC second teamer at CB and has five interceptions to lead the conference. He's also the AAC Special Teams player of the year and is extremely dangerous in the return game with at 4 kick/punt return for TD this year.

Houston's lone loss was in week one against Texas Tech. As such, they are undefeated in conference. If you did a boxing tale of the tape for this game, the Cougars look a lot like us with a weaker defense.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...stats/_/id/248

Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Any word on what color we are supposed to wear? Hoping for black again

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X